View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 03:33 PM   #5
Schlomey
Black Sheep Jew

Schlomey has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Schlomey has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Schlomey has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Schlomey has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Schlomey has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Schlomey has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Schlomey has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Schlomey has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Schlomey has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Schlomey has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Schlomey has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
While I have a few minutes and while I'm waiting to figure out the picture situation, I thought I would share a little bit about how I got started in vinyl collecting and just some random stuff, I guess.

I started listening and collecting vinyl back in high school. I remember the very first record I ever purchased was from a flea market and it was Lynyard Skynard Gold & Platinum Double Greatest Hits LP. I wasn't a big Southern Rock fan (still not) but you gotta start somewhere I guess. Vinyl is how I discovered a lot of my likes and dislikes. I played my records on a shit table and through charity shop speakers. Nothing fancy because, well, at the time I was more into collecting than the quality of my equipment. Over the next several years I would fall in and out of love with buying and listening to vinyl. Fast forward to 2 years ago. For my birthday I received a replacement stylus for my old turntable & even a new record from my wife's sister & mother. Well, I dusted off the ol' turntable and resumed listening to vinyl. In the past 2 years, I have grown my collection to around 700 quality albums and all in pristine condition. I have "purged" many times and proud to say that everything that I own is "ALL KILLER NO FILLER". I currently play spin on a entry level audiophile table made by Micro Seiki (with an upgraded Grado Green Cartridge) and my speakers are currently Polk Audio with a Klipsch sub-woofer. Pretty great quality for now. I slowly upgrade my equpment and sell off the previous incarnation as money becomes available to do so. I'm hooked on vinyl and the entire audiophile experience. To clean my records I have a Spin Clean Machine (and have access to a high tech VPI cleaner if needed) and also use the wood glue method to clean certain albums that may need a more extreme level of clean. Secretly, I plan on opening my own record store within the next 2 years. I am currently talking to a business partner and an accountant and forming my model. Well..Thats it for now...I hope to post pictures later and I hope you all do the same! Happy spinning!
Schlomey is offline   Reply With Quote