View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 07:00 PM   #96
Corporate CockSnogger

Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I thought it was good, not great. I love Spider-Man as a character. I love the MCU. For me this film ranked towards around the bottom third of MCU films. For me, and having watched them again fairly recently, Spider-Man 1 and 2 far exceed this film.

There was a lot of good parts. Tom Holland and Michael Keaton were great. Stark and Happy added some good stuff and didn't take over the film. The fact that he's a rough the edges Hero , and that because the Avengers and co exist he's not really a big deal is all great. He's awkward, doesn't like heights just yet and really is just trying to find his feet. I loved all that side of Spidey.

However, all of his classmates were horrible and I hated pretty much everything with Ned, Flash, Michelle and the rest of the decathlon team. Liz was fine, if a bit plain. Ned in particular was so cringeworthy and probably the worst comic relief character in the MCU.

I wasn't a huge fan of the overabundance of tech in his spidey suit but it wasn't a massive hinderence to my enjoyment of the film.
Corporate CockSnogger is offline   Reply With Quote