View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 04:44 PM   #423
Rammsteinmad
TPWW's #3 Peep

Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Looking back at that AMW vs XXX cage match posted on the home page... I miss those days. When Elix Skipper does that walk across the cage... the crowd go insane for ages, the announcers lose their voices. TNA really felt like the next alternative to have a shot at becoming a big brand in the industry.

I guess by now, the formula is clear and most people just tolerate it. TNA is WWE's unofficial developmental company. It's hard to give a shit because you know any of the young guys will go off to WWE or NXT at some point, and the ex-WWE guys will go back to the WWE in a heartbeat if given the opportunity.

I use to really enjoy TNA back in the day. I guess they were the days when the line was still blurry. When guys like AJ Styles and Somoa Joe were "TNA guys" and it seemed ludicrous that they'd ever leave. Guys like Christian, Sting and Kurt Angle popping up was a huge deal back then, now it's almost a rite-of-passage to turn up in TNA after being future endeavored.

TNA have made a lot of mistakes over the years (my God, have they ever! How they made it to 15 years is beyond me!), but they've also had some good moments too. Ultimately, I think whether they "dig themselves out of this hole" or not, they're at the point now where there is no chance of shaking of the stigma of being WWE's developmental. There really isn't any loyalty to the brand any more. The guys that are there are only there because they're not in WWE or NXT.

All this cross-promotional stuff with Japanese companies etc... I don't know any of these guys, and it puts me off. Because there doesn't seem to be a definitive Impact roster any more. Just seems like any other open indie fed where everyone is just using it to get exposure to get WWE's attention.

Aw well. Great Balls of Fire next week! Yay!
Rammsteinmad is offline   Reply With Quote