Thread: NBA Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 12:20 AM   #1706
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Probably the right teams, although I wouldn't count out the Sixers over the Celtics now that they are a bit more seasoned.

But 4-0 straight sweep all day. Unless the Warriors go to sleep for a game just to make it interesting.

Doesn't matter either way. The Warriors have ruined the NBA. No one can play with them. If they put in the effort they could go undefeated. Seriously. People give Lebron shit for trying to form super teams yet everyone jumps on the Warriors bandwagon as they form a Beyond Plus Ultra team. Unless you try to form a super team elsewhere you have zero shot. And even if you do, you still only have like 1/10 shot AT BEST.
"... and then you add Kurt Angle to the mix? You the chances of winning DRASTIC go down!"

As a long-suffering Cavs fan, I am fine with the slide back to mediocrity. Once again, this is an organization that has brought it upon themselves. Both times, LeBron bolted because they refused to actually go get other better players so that he doesn't have to carry the team by himself year after year after year. Hell, this season, the Cavaliers were barely expected to make the playoffs, let alone last all the way to another matchup with Golden State in the finals.

This, as opposed to Durant abandoning OKC to join the team he almost beat and an organization that was poised and willing to make some offseason moves that following year to become the "Warrior killers" that they were expected to become.

I'm fine with James going to LA. They actually acted like they want him. Cleveland can sit back, relax, and enjoy the time away from the spotlight and expectations of being "good", and living on that Goodyear sponsorship money that will soon have every team switching to those ugly t-shirt jerseys that have more rooms for corporate logos on them.