View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 06:06 AM   #197
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Speaking of NXT, Emma getting over was one of those things that was oversimplified.

She had talent, and her whole gimmick was weird enough to set her apart, actually "be" a character, and not just be boiled down to bland "I'm going to prove a person with a uterus can kick ass! Girl power!" face or generic evil bitch heel #135. It was awkwardly endearing, much like Bayley was down there. But it got distilled into "weird dancing and bubbles? I don't get it!" on the main roster transition.

Now, if she *did* get the Eva Marie push, I don't think she would have neccessarily gotten over as a face ironically. It hasn't exactly happened for Billie Kay and Peyton Royce; they're absolutely heels. Bianca Belair is shaping up be a tremendous heel, but all things considered, someone will likely have the bright idea to match her up with Street Profits which would turn her face by proxy... got off track. She could have been a decent heel if *she* got the All Red Everything treatment instead of somehow being the dub-in for AJ Lee (that whole "started the Divas Revolution" thing always seemed like a petty, company mandated dig at her much like using Nikki Bella- of all people- to surpass her title reign). But much like asking what if WWE had actually gotten behind the Ryder Revolution instead of having him pop up in cameos at catering when he was at his hottest, we will never know.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote