View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 11:20 PM   #56
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Would you pay money to see him lose? Or would you rather watch something else when he is on?
Weird question. Well, rather, my answer is personally weird.

On one hand, no, I wouldn't want to pay money to see Miz beat up because, quite frankly, I'm sick of seeing him chew up so much screen time. It's getting to Hunter's "Reign of Terror" levels of exposure, and he gets trounced on the regular (except when it counts, of course) so it isn't quite so reserved a pleasure to see him get his ass kicked.

However, he is the one doing the most work to actually get people to want to see him get his. In the realm of "being a heel is a lost art", he is quite masterful in an era of heels getting over as faces ironically, generic heel heat being dished out like candy, heel turns for no reason, and heels who are somehow supposed to be heels by osmosis. He's carrying the heel side of the show mostly alone. A close second is really Paul Heyman, but Heyman is an advocate for an amoral loner tweener prizefighter, and is generally only truly a situational heel. Then there's Roman, but that's more the super transparent bid to make him the be-all end-all than him actually being a heel. Braun was supposed to be one just because "big and menacing". But because he kicked much ass on the regular and won more than he lost, he got over as a face in Steve Austin fashion. Funny how that works. Enzo was more out this petty punishment whatever, but he's the cruiserweight division heel, so who really gives a shit since nobody watches 205 Live? Bray? Weeks of cryptic promos just to lose ALL THE TIME does not a menace make.

Miz doesn't quite have "X-Pac heat" with me, but it is getting there mainly because of how much I'm seeing the guy as opposed to what he's doing being the shits, because it truly isn't. Miz just needs help in the form of properly booked heels being elsewhere.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote