View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 10:57 PM   #93
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla View Post
Actually, Almas is kinda good as fuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Electric View Post
I agree , think with some actual direction he has shown what he can do .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Electric View Post
I've not seen any of his stuff pre NXT , he obviously has the In ring talent . I'd keep him as a smug prick , he plays it well , his entrance allows him to be a smug prick .
And it's nice to have another Mexican wrestler that they don't want to be Rey Mysterio version 75.
That was the problem I found with him: he was just a bland, force-fed babyface. There was nothing to him except being Hispanic, and the company seemed dead set on marketing that fucking hat. That Tommy Dreamer remark I made about the suspenders felt apt, because that's kinda what happened in ECW - he was a shitty babyface that nobody accepted initially because he was completely generic and a 180 from the "heart and soul of ECW" he's remembered as to this day.

It's also neat that he hasn't been relegated to yet another masked wrestler or stereotypical "Yo, esse!" street thug. The role of his manager is actually semi-refreshing as well: she isn't *just* an arm charm, she is also a proficient mouthpiece (he isn't bad, but not really great either), a traditional distractionary measure, and most importantly, actively keeps Almas focused by calling bullshit on his showboating since he acts too smug for his own good - in essence she is a part of his character. Hopefully, they stay a pair and the company doesn't get happy with a breakup and/or trying to make her the hot new starlet at his expense.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote