View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 10:08 PM   #358
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Luke Harper's Glorious Return:

SPOILER: show
Quote:
There's talk of Ziggler actually losing the match on Sunday, according to Bryan Alvarez of Wrestling Observer Live.
Furthermore, it was noted on MLW Radio and Ric Flair's podcast that WWE officials are looking at Ziggler to transition from an in-ring talent to a producer's role like Jamie Noble and others have done.

Spoiler tags used since its related to possible No Mercy plans.

Quote:
During Bill Goldberg’s appearance on ESPN SportsCenter on Wednesday night, the former WWE Superstar expressed a willingness to return to WWE and named Brock Lesnar as the dream opponent who could draw him out of retirement. Although he stopped short of announcing an official return, the Wrestling Observer maintains that Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar is the plan for Survivor Series as recently as Tuesday.

If you’re wondering why WWE doesn’t hold off until WrestleMania for the match to take place, the idea is to use the hype surrounding this blockbuster bout and cross promote WWE 2K17. According to Meltzer, the match will be a one-off and is not leading to a longterm feud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The WWE has announced that this year’s Rumble will be 30 men (always subject to change) featuring wrestlers from Raw and Smackdown, with the winner getting a title shot at WrestleMania on April 2, 2017, at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando.
Quote:
The next few days of TNA Impact tv tapings in Orlando were canceled due to Hurricane Matthew bearing down on central Florida.

The original plan was to do an afternoon taping today as they would be unable to run a show tonight due to expected weather issues. They plan was then to cancel Friday and return for two Saturday tapings.

However, based on the weather, the tapings tonight, Friday, and Saturday afternoon are off. They will now run at 6 pm Saturday night, and two Sunday shows set for 1 pm and 6 pm.

In related news, NXT rescheduled two Florida house shows becasue of Matthew. Friday’s show in Crystal River has been rescheduled to October 29th, while Saturday’s show in Fort Pierce, FL, will now take place on October 14th.
Quote:
There was a bad scene at a Seth Rollins autograph signing today in Santiago, Chile, at the Costanero Center. A huge crowd showed up and fans started skipping in line and it led to shoving and fights. One fan tried to steal Rollins' hat. It got so bad the entire session was canceled, which led to more fights and fans looting at the center.
Link to a video during the riot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhoIW96KES0

Quote:
Alberto Del Rio worked his scheduled What Culture Pro Wrestling show in Newcastle today. He flew in last night. He wrestled in a T-shirt and the arm that was stabbed was all taped up, but he was out there taking bumps. I watched some of it but not enough to tell what kind of a match it was. Jim Ross & Jim Cornette, at least early on, were fun to listen to and had their old chemistry back immediately even if neither knew who Desperado was when he kept interfering in the Minoru Suzuki vs. Joe Coffey match. They very much knew Suzuki. Suzuki blew off a Jim Ross handshake in playing heel after his match after Ross had been putting him over like crazy on the commentary. Bret Hart made a surprise appearance and really put over Ross as an announcer, as well as put over Cody Rhodes and Kurt Angle.
Quote:
The San Antonio police have yet to confirm any records of a Del Rio stabbing. They have asked for an address and those close to Del Rio have not been able to provide an address. Plus, there are some different stories that are out there. Paige was there when the incident took place but has not said anything publicly about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Alberto El Patron (Del Rio) was interviewed by The Record in Mexico to discuss the stabbing incident that he claims led to him missing the AAA Heroes Inmortales event in Mexico over the weekend, claiming that WWE star Paige was on the scene during the incident and was actually assaulted by the perpetrator.

According to The Record, Del Rio and his girlfriend Paige were in the parking lot of a restaurant when a drunken homeless man approached them. Del Rio turned his back to the man, who turned pulled out a knife and attacked, causing two wounds to Del Rio. According to the story, Del Rio managed to take down the attacked, who still wielded the knife and Del Rio again again. The attacker was able to hit Paige and when Alberto went to check on her, the attacker ran. By the time, Del Rio was able to file a complaint and get medical attention, it was too late to travel to Mexico for the event. The article stated that Del Rio's flight was scheduled for 6 PM and by the time he was done dealing with everything, it was 11 PM.
Another version of the events from the recent Del Rio stabbing incident. At the moment, nobody is exactly sure where the attack occurred and WWE might be getting involved due to Paige supposedly being attacked as well.

Quote:
Total Bellas last night debuted with 632,000 viewers, which given the level of the promotion of the show, has to be considered a major disappointment.
Quote:
WWE sent out an e-mail today to some former WWE Network subscribers offering them a free month and pushing you can get No Mercy free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Tony Nese is booked on all EVOLVE shows going forward after October and you can expect him to get a massive push to coincide with his Raw appearances in the Cruiserweight division.
Quote:
Regarding the Spirit Squad segment on Smackdown, WWE did attempt to get all of the members together for the segment. Johnny Jeter has another job outside of wrestling and didn’t want to miss work to make the appearance. Nick Mitchell became very religious and now lives in Israel.
Quote:
John Gaburick last week visited with Kevin Dunn, who he has been close friends with for decades, and brought WWE back to the table so there were talks with them as late as this past week. The WWE deal would have been to purchase the TNA tape library as they had no interest in buying anything else the promotion had.
Quote:
Dixie Carter has long been criticized for a perceived lack of knowledge in regards to the wrestling business. On Friday's episode of the Fightful.com Podcast, former TNA writer Vince Russo may have helped lend more credence to those claims.

"This is my favorite wrestling story of all time. I’ve never told this because it’s a little embarrassing to Dixie but it’s so hard not to tell because it’s so funny," Russo said. "There's somebody that I gotta protect and I’m not gonna mention his name, because he'd get all upset. It’s after a TV taping and we’re out getting dinner, and it's the the usual suspects-- Irish Pat Kenney, Terry Taylor, Al Snow, Matt Conway. I’m sitting next to somebody at the table. This somebody gets a phone call and it’s Dixie Carter" ...

As it turned out, the target of Carter's frustration were WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan, and longtime Executive Producer of WCW, Eric Bischoff.

"So I get on the phone," says Russo "Dixie what’s up?” [Dixie says] 'You’re not gonna believe what happened. I just went into the restaurant andHulk and Eric were having dinner and the minute I walked up to the table I heard the both of them say under their breath kayfabe, kayfabe, kayfabe. Vince who the f are they to kayfabe me? This is my f'n company! Who the f do they think they are kayfabing this boss? I can’t believe it. Screw Hulk. Screw Eric. Nobody is going to kayfabe me.'"

According to the former WCW Champion Russo, he told carter that she should have confronted the two about it right away. However, Carter had a potentially embarrassing reason for making the 2010 phone call in the first place.

"Finally I hang up the phone with her. I give the phone back to the person who got the phone call. So I said to the person, 'Bro, why did Dixie call you and not me?' Like this was a phone call that should have went directly to Vince. Why did she call you and not me? Like, what was your conversation with Dixie? Wha—what did she want to talk to you for?” You ready? The guy, who I won’t sell down the river, said to me, “She wanted to know what kayfabe meant.” Eight years in and she was throwing the term around to me like she was a 30 year veteran of the business. Of all the stories bro that’s my favorite story of all time, and I never say it because it’s kind of embarrassing but its funny embarrassing, you know what I’m saying?," said Russo.
Wacky Dixie Carter story from back in the day.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Luke Harper made his in-ring return for the WWE earlier today as part of WWE's current overseas tour. Also ended up confirming rumors of being on the RAW brand due to him wrestling for RAW during today's co-brand event.
  • Website Highspots announced they have started taking DVD/BR orders for PWG's Battle Of Los Angeles 2016 tournament with shipments to start tomorrow.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is Bruno Sammatrino's 81st birthday.
  • In another "WWE Did You Know" type fact, former VP of talent relations John Laurinaitis was the main reason why WWE's original Cruiser division failed during the 1st Brand Split Era. Apparently Laurinaitis never seriously considered the ideas Creative had and hired midget wrestlers as a way to prove to Vince the new division was not worth the time. http://www.wcwworldwide.com/2016/09/...weight-reboot/
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote