View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 11:01 AM   #589
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Expenses are also up. Fewer people are watching. Eventually there will be fewer people following the product and that means a smaller pool to convert into Network subscribers. Your wine analogy is not accurate. You can bombard people with an overwhelming amount of content and it can damage your consumption habits. Look at the just reported decrease in Network special interest -- and hence the rumors of your beloved Vince McMahon considering dropping the number of PPVs next year. If too much wasn't a problem, why would he even consider it?
First, who reported this? Is it a credible source?

Second a good businessman will always make adjustments based on data received. It's not bad to change course if the data tells you that's the move.

Network subs have only gone up each quarter on a year over year basis. Until you start to see declines why should WWE consider making changes to the product? People like you have been complaining about creative since The Network launched and every quarter we see growth from the previous year. I don't doubt that there are people like you who also don't like the product (even though you spend precious time watching every week), but clearly the paying customer doesn't agree. As for TV ratings, numbers are down everywhere. Look at walking dead, down big time this year vs last. Just ask #1 fan about it. Despite declines you just had USA put out a while piece essentially giving WWE a public blowjob for their impact on their success. You think that's going to lead to WWE getting more or less money out of them next contract negotiation.

I know I come off as a jackass to some of you, and I get it, it's hard when someone who is better educated on a subject talks down to you. I'll give you this challenge over the holiday season. Take a look at cable ratings on a daily basis. Find out how many channels have 5 hours of programming on a weekly basis (not just 10-15 weeks of the year) that's draws in the total viewers and key demo numbers that WWE does for USA. That will tell you why WWE is somewhat bulletproof when it comes to this TV rights game. Now also go back to the late 90s and look at the numbers WWE used to draw. Then circle back on old financial statements. You'll notice WWE generates more money today on far less viewers. Why? Because advertisers actually are lined up to buy time on their programs. So yeah maybe the product doesn't have the same bite, but it's put WWE in a better position. You can't argue that point, it's just cold hard facts. But hard for guys like you to wrap your head around.

Enjoy the holiday season. Your pal The CyNick
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote