View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 07:26 PM   #582
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Still fucking baffles me that they stopped charging for PPVs. WrestleMania, Money in the Bank, SummerSlam and the Royal Rumble, at the very least, should have been content you had to pay extra for on the WWE Network. Prestige pricing is a thing. By slashing the cost of these shows to $9.99, you value the product at that much. I can understand them potentially giving away Night of Champions or whatever for a reduced price, but the idea that you can buy WrestleMania for $9.99 is still just baffling. The NXT Takeovers should come with a "set your price" feature too. You see musicians, comedians and other artists slyly doing this, and it works. Set a minimum of $5 for a Takeover, because it's a big show and you need to cover costs or whatever, but you can pay up to $50, depending on how you felt about the show. Let the fan vote with their money. If you really like Shinsuke Nakamura, support the shows he is on! If you really want the Women's Revolution to take over, then support it when they headline a Takeover. You can't charge $50 for these shows, but if you left the option there, you'd get some people who would take it upon themselves because of the freedom.

But it's arguably too hard to go backwards now. I think you could manage it by saying a "WWE PPVs will soon not be included in the basic Network scheme, but you still get original programming and the WWE's archived footage -- so join now to watch the next few months of WWE action without the price tag!", but that will likely come with some sort of drop in subscribers.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote