View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #13
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
ECW is definitely the least watched for a reason. I'll agree there. It's a combination of:

a) a smaller roster, which lacks multiple big market stars. At a given time there seems to be one star they put on the show to "carry" the brand.

b) It's on Sci Fi channel

c) There is no real effort to solidify it as an equal brand of main event status on any split brand shows

d) There are no storylines or cliffhangers. It's straight up wrestling. This is a strength in many ways, but also a detriment from a ratings standpoint.

Still a good wrestling show though, in my opinion. Christian being as there is no real problem to me either, since he was reintegrated at an appropriate upper-midcard level. It's not a death sentence, since it seems to be a warm-up for being moved back into the other brands.
I see it as no different as when Matt Hardy, CM Punk, and others were moved to the brand. Christian is definitely "the draw" of the brand. They push and market it as such. I think it represents he's at an upper-midcard level, like Matt Hardy was. I don't see the shame in that, especially since I'm a realist and never expected Christian to return after 3 years and claim a spot higher on the card than when he left.

Last edited by Jeritron; 05-07-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Jeritron is offline   Reply With Quote