View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 10:18 PM   #8189
mitch_h

mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Hateful Eight- I thought this was disappointing. I had no issue with the pacing or aesthetics of the film and there were a lot of things I liked about this but it felt pointless and at times dumb. Django and and Basterds felt like Tarantino celebrating cinema's ability to reclaim the brutalities of the past so the underdogs get their revenge, where this just felt nihilistic.
SPOILER: show
I found Jennifer Jason Leigh's abuse unearned, seeing her get puked on and beat up and hanged felt empty.

Some other things annoyed me like when Tarantino's started narrating, and the slow motion shouting. Lots of good moments and great acting but as a whole the pay off wasn't enough to justify the 3 hour running time.

6/10

Last edited by mitch_h; 01-10-2016 at 10:42 PM.
mitch_h is offline   Reply With Quote