View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 09:21 PM   #163
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by The hottest free agent in wrestling today ... Heath Slater:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Despite Finn Bálor making his main roster on Monday, he appears to be working the NXT house show loop this weekend in Texas. He was advertised for the shows long before he ever joined the Raw roster. Bálor worked the NXT show in San Antonio on Thursday night. On his official Twitter account, Bálor tweeted earlier in the week, “As for now, back to work! #NXTSanAntonio #NXTCorpusChristi #NXTHouston #BalorClub Is Here”.

Other NXT social media outlets had the message: “Finn Bálor may have been drafted to WWE Raw... but you can still see him LIVE with WWE NXT THIS FRIDAY, 7/29, in Corpus Christi!”
Quote:
In a big surprise, the TV show "American Grit" with John Cena will be returning for a second season. Cena, who returns as Executive Producer, will be out of action for several months filming the show. The show did bad ratings, usually the lowest rated network show on Thursdays and often doing only half of its lead-in, and sometimes falling under 2 million viewers which is terrible for a major network first run show in prime time. However, Cena got high marks on the show and right now people want to attach themselves to him as a star because of the feeling in Hollywood he's the guy following in the success of Dwayne Johnson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 7/28 edition of Impact Wrestling garnered 350,000 viewers last night. That was down slightly from what the 7/21 edition of Impact did for the first episode on their new day and timeslot with Pop - 362,000 viewers.

However, it should be noted that last week's episode featured a replay at 1 AM Eastern, bringing in an additional 48,000 viewers. In total, last week had 410,000 viewers total. So, if you factor in the replay, it's a drop of 60,000 viewers.
Quote:
Pro Wrestling Sheet reported that WWE has licensed a new Limp Bizkit song but didn't specify exactly what the song was or what it would be used for.
Quote:
After originally being scheduled for Newcastle-based NORTH Wrestling's July 30th show, Will Ospreay will miss the date because of a possible shoulder injury.

The 23-year-old British highflyer has quickly become one of the most highly regarded talents in the wrestling industry, but a demanding schedule and wrestling style has led to some health issues in the past.

Dave Meltzer chronicled Ospreay's injury history in the June 27th edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. In just his brief career, Ospreay has suffered "two slipped discs, seven concussions, a dodgy shoulder that is prone to separation, two fractured heels, and sciatica which leads to numbness in his foot."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Hall of Famer and the First Ever Intercontinental Champion Pat Patterson joined the “Multi-Time Award Winning” The Rack to discuss a wide range of topics ...

What he was trying to get across when writing the book:
“In the book I was trying to get across not so much the wrestling, it was about being gay and coming out and having such a hard time all of these years trying to hide, it is not fair. Over the years word got out obviously, but I wanted to come out. I wanted to say it.”

Creating the Royal Rumble:
“When I came up with the Royal Rumble, Vince (McMahon) thought it was a stupid idea. I said it's not, it's going to work, oh my god give me a break, he didn't want to do it. It is now one of our the best pay per views we have every year. It is fun and the talent likes it.”

On fighting to bring talents back to WWE:
“Vince and I would work very hard at getting talent back. Some of these guys would get fired over the years. They were talented, but they would do stupid things. One of them was Shawn Michaels and Vince (McMahon) didn't want to hear nothing about him, in fact he is dead, Shawn Michaels is not coming back. Once in a while I would bring up his name. Shawn Michaels never called saying Pat could you get me in, he never called, I just wanted to convince Vince and then Shawn Michaels back. Another one was Bret Hart and another was Daniel Bryan. I fought for them. I didn't tell them I did that for you, they found out on their own. I was fighting for these guys, everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, especially if you are talented. So most of these guys need advice, sometimes it goes in one ear and out the other and some of them get it.”

His thoughts on the Bret Hart-Shawn Michaels Iron Man Match:
“The Iron Man match was a No-No. Vince (McMahon) didn't want to do that at all. Forget it, two little guys for one hour, forget it, on a pay per view. I really convinced him. It took me a while but they did it. My god, it was so good. I was sitting in the audience, I wanted to feel the moment. I was actually crying because of how much I enjoyed that match. You don't think those two kids were happy after, oh my god, it is something I will never forget.”

On who he sees with the biggest potential on the WWE Roster:
“Dolph Ziggler. Without a doubt. I see it big time. He has come a long way this kid. My point of view is if you got guys like Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin and all of these characters that are bigger than life, but those little guys, people love them. They are talented. That what makes feel that these can do nice things too.”
Some highlights from a recent interview Patterson had: http://wildtalkradio.com/rocknsock/t...rack071416.mp3

Quote:
WWE has purchased a stake in Flo Sports, which is the web site we wrote about several weeks ago that does live streaming of all the major events in sports like track, gymnastics, amateur wrestling, as well as doing MMA and they're pushed grappling shows as well as a monthly subscription service.
Quote:
Jinder Mahal is expected on Raw and Brian Myers (or Curt Hawkins as he'll probably go by) on Smackdown. MVP has been contacted but no word if he's signed. Teddy Long on a podcast said MVP and Benjamin were coming in, but MVP then contacted him and denied it. The thing is, while that may be the case, you are supposed to deny it until the company announces it. Stevie Richards is also expected back, but that isn't confirmed. The new deals are not for big money and are likely using experienced guys for names to put over the newer talent. One of the reasons several of the people contacted haven't signed is because of the money offer.
Quote:
More names offered contracts for the cruiserweight division, as expected, were Zack Sabre Jr., Noam Dar and T.J Perkins. That doesn't mean all are signed, only that the offers are out. The ones who sign will likely debut on Raw after the Cruiserweight tournament ends on television. I could see the 9/14 live tournament final being to create the cruiserweight title and that shortly and then they'd start them on Raw.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • During a recent interview with website Rare.us, Kane revealed he wants to enter politics after he retires from wrestling within the near future. http://rare.us/story/it-sure-as-hell...un-for-office/
  • A recent legal update regarding the Hogan-Gawker lawsuit involved a judge being furious at Gawker's founder lying about the company's value and Hogan being allowed to start claiming his settlement money now as punishment. Gawker had been trying to prevent or delay Hogan's side from collecting money with their latest attempt backfiring badly for them. http://nypost.com/2016/07/29/judge-b...r-stock-value/
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 20th anniversary of the time Kevin Nash decided to play human darts with Rey Mysterio in WCW. http://i.imgur.com/3bnRImQ.gif
  • For those interested, Shinsuke Nakamura was today's guest for the Talk Is Jericho podcast show: http://www.podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote