View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 06:24 AM   #11669
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Yeah, it just depends what you want out of a Mass Effect game. I've always found the combat to be drab and repetitive and OH THERE'S SOME WAIST HIGH WALLS, BET I SHOOT SOME FUCKS, so I usually just turn it down to casual to get through them faster and carry on with the story. Combat is better, but it's still just there for me. Problem is, when your character is smiling like a goof while saying someone close to them died takes me out of that part of the game.

The biggest sins so far from the trial are the awful character creation (which is getting patched apparently) and the god awful interface. you have to go through 5 screens to change your active quest because they're split into stupid folders, then realise you can't track that yet and have to repeat the process to change it. Then planet scanning takes an age because for some reason, they're really proud of their planet changing animation and you have to sit through it without skipping.

Still, because I love the series, I'm going to treat it like a Matrix sequel. Sure, it's not very good, but godammit, I still want to finish it.

I'll probably put it down after the trial and pick it up in the summer when things are a bit quieter. Got Nier, Horizon and Persona 5 which all play better to get through first and I'm still exploring that Zelda world.
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote