View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 10:34 PM   #5
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
So I take it we beat the over-stuff forums scare of 2006. lol

Yeah there's a little too much 'girl power' pandering that was really unnecessary and totally off Lifetime. It turns right around and makes female-led superhero projects look like try-hards. And the stupid Lifetime trailer music in the background really dragged it. If they're going to keep pushing the 'girls can be great, too' angle I promise it will turn both genders off.

Saying that, the effects are certainly up to snuff (TV came a long way). I like most the casting. Something about Jimmy just didn't capture the vibe. Superman's pal is a geek, somebody who looks up even to clumsy nerd Clark, this Jimmy seems like he has it all together, not somebody Supes would find a connection with. I agree the boss lady might get annoying by episode 2, but I'm betting she'll be more interesting than a Spacely Sprocket cutout. Supergirl herself is great. Loved the stripperific gag.

I don't think they need to explain why Superman's not around, since this isn't Metropolis and we're over half a decade in of a comic movie-verse where heroes go off on their own and forget each other's cell number. People will get over that. But alas with Superman seemingly established and never a mention of him in the CW-verse, probably best to accept Supergirl doesn't reside in that world either. Shucks.

If this shows wants to ride the wave of the CW-verse, SHIELD, and Gotham; I suggest they tone down the cheesy girl power thing. Even Disney doesn't come off that sappy in their female centric shows. Make her capable as a superheroine, not as a female superhero. The second you make her gender a character point you ironically undermine her character.

But it's a pilot, and SHIELD similarly started off rocky. Here's hoping the Back 13 starts kicking ass, but putting up against Gotham is looking like a huge mistake now.

Last edited by Kalyx triaD; 05-13-2015 at 10:53 PM.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote