Thread: The Marvels
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2023, 06:40 PM   #31
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
Captain America fought actual Nazis and went on to have a black partner.
Carol Danvers was at the forefront of equality between the sexes.
The X-Men were an allegory for persecution.
Black Panther was Marvel's first prominent African superhero.
Stories like Civil War were used as critiques of questionable civil liberty policies.

I don't get where this idea of Marvel "going woke all of a sudden" comes from.
Quote:
On top of that, I don't even get what's supposed to be "woke" about this movie. Is it because of the three female leads? A black guy in an authoritative position? What am I missing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
Because you think common sense morality is what woke is. But it's absolutely not about equality or punching fascists. If that was the case you'd have to explain why X23 and Mara Jade fans suddenly started hating female characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
Comics have always been influenced by cultural snd social movements. But they did it while telling great stories and not pandering to said movements. A lot of modern comics can't say the same.
Quote:
**EDITED*** I don't want an argument. I just want my Captain Marvel sequel, which I am finally getting.

Intellectual cowardice is big right now too, fancy not arguing about that?
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote