View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 05:49 AM   #38
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Still not sold on Cena going after #17 at WrestleMania. It's not going to surprise me if it does happen, and it actually makes some of the most sense right now, but I could also see Cena doing something completely different and weird at Mania. Like, Cena/Taker or Cena/AJ made the most sense at Mania this year, but look what happened. It depends what Cena's post-Mania schedule looks like too. And what he wants to do. Does he want to wrestle his buddy, Joe? Does he want a WrestleMania vanity match against AJ Styles? Does Vince want him to lose to Strowman in order to heat him back up for either Reigns or the guy who does beat Mahal?

I could see quite a few people challening Mahal, really:

* AJ Styles -- Always the best opponent for anybody, seemingly perpetually over for his talents. Him winning the Royal Rumble in Philly would also get a pop, which wouldn't be the case for Reigns or Cena, and Vince might superficially want to go out with a happy end to the Rumble.

* Finn Balor -- They seem to want to market him as a top babyface. There is limited room on Raw. Send him over to SmackDown at some point -- maybe Survivor Series is for draft picks? Balor wins the Rumble and challenges Mahal, beats him in seconds with The Club running interference, Balor gets a Mania moment.

* Big E -- I'm surprised they haven't pushed him as a star sooner. I could see a very quick turnaround on New Day plans, with Big E getting one of the more surprising Rumble victories ever (if plans don't get out), and then Big E becomes the hero SmackDown needs in ridding the WWE of Jinder Mahal. Like with The Club, Big E has two allies who can keep out the Singhs.

* Braun Strowman -- If he ends up on SmackDown somehow (let's be honest, they aren't finicky about these sorts of things) could very easily win the Royal Rumble and challenge Mahal. The crowd would pop for Braun tossing Reigns out at the end.

I would say that Cena is probably far and away the likeliest, but they could go with anyone. They could go with Mahal & The Usos vs. Cena & The New Day at this point and it wouldn't surprise me.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote