View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 09:30 PM   #1435
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Smackdown Gif:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 10/3 Hell In A Cell go home edition of Smackdown Live did 2,323,000 overnight viewers, down significantly from last week's 2,542,000 viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Shelton Benjamin's first match at a WWE pay-per-view since 2010 will be on the Hell in a Cell pre-show.

It was announced on last night's go-home edition of SmackDown that Benjamin & Chad Gable would be facing The Hype Bros on Sunday. The match was set up in a SmackDown fallout video last week when an interview with Benjamin and Gable was interrupted by Mojo Rawley and Zack Ryder arguing about losing to The Usos.

Benjamin & Gable previously defeated The Hype Bros on an episode of SmackDown last month, with Ryder refusing to shake hands with the winners after the match.

Though it had been advertised that Breezango's Fashion Files would be coming back on SmackDown last night, it will instead return on Sunday with a new segment airing during Hell in a Cell. There was also another stipulation added to Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens at the PPV, with it now being a falls count anywhere Hell in a Cell match.

The Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, Michigan will host Hell in a Cell on Sunday. Here's the updated lineup for the show:

Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens in a falls count anywhere Hell in a Cell match
WWE Champion Jinder Mahal defending against Shinsuke Nakamura
SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day defending against The Usos in a Hell in a Cell match
SmackDown Women's Champion Natalya defending against Charlotte Flair
United States Champion AJ Styles defending against Baron Corbin
Randy Orton vs. Rusev
Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler
Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable vs. The Hype Bros (kickoff show)
Quote:
NXT is taping its next set of television episodes at Full Sail University tonight. The shows will feature the final build to TakeOver: Houston. With Triple H in India to promote WWE’s December tour of the country, he’s missing the tapings for the first time ever. Road Dogg tweeted that he and Shawn Michaels are two of the people holding down the fort while Triple H is away.
Link to the announcement: https://twitter.com/WWERoadDogg/stat...08086912000001

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Jeff Hardy underwent a successful surgery on his torn rotator cuff yesterday.

Hardy is expected to be out 6-9 months from action.
Quote:
Dave Meltzer tweeted that AJ Styles is being saved for dark matches after SmackDown so that the crowd doesn’t leave before 205 Live ends. The post-show dark match last night was Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura & Randy Orton vs. Baron Corbin, Jinder Mahal & Rusev.
Link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/s...96533427638272

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
During tonight's WWE NXT TV taping, it was announced the NXT Takeover: Houston event next month would be headlined by Wargames.

Yes, as in Wargames: The Match Beyond, the bout created by Dusty Rhodes during the summer of 1987. The bout, a two-ring steel cage match with a roof over the cage, became one of the most popular signature matches for Jim Crockett Promotions. The match was held regularly in the late 80s and early 1990s for JCP's successor World Championship Wrestling before settling into an annual attraction that anchored the WCW Fall Brawl PPV. The bout was last held in September 2000 by WCW, but the concept was used by a number of independent promotions over the years.

WWE had toyed with bringing the match to the main roster a decade ago, but instead created the original Elimination Chamber ...

The Wargames match at Takeover will feature Sanity (Eric Young & Killian Dain & Alexander Wolfe) vs. The Undisputed Era (Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) vs. The Authors of Pain and Roderick Strong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The scheduled book The Book of Booty: Shake It. Love It. Never Be It.: From WWE's The New Day, which was slated to be released on 10/31 has been delayed to a March 2018 release. PWInsider.com has been told the release was done, in part, to time it closer to Wrestlemania 34.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On this week’s episode of ‘Dinner With The King,’ co-hosts Jerry “The King” Lawler and Glenn Moore pay their respects and remember Memphis wrestling legendary announcer, Lance Russell, who passed away Tuesday morning.

Russell passed way at the age of 91, and if it wasn’t for a phone call to Lawler, The King’s career would have never happened. Lawler and Moore share classic Russell audio clips from Memphis wrestling, and also share some stories.

Below are some highlights:

Lawler on Russell’s effect on his career and life:

"You know, a lot of times when a loved one or a great, close friend passes away, you are left with the feeling that I never really got to say goodbye or I never really got to tell the person how I felt about them. But I’m happy in the fact that over the years, I did have several opportunities to tell Lance how much I thought I thought of him, how much I loved him, how important he was to me. Without Lance, there would be no me. And I knew that, and I had the opportunity to say that to Lance Russell. I loved Lance Russell. There’ll never be another person like him.”

Should Lance Russell be in the WWE Hall of Fame?

"I think he’s certainly deserving. Even though he didn’t ever work for the WWE, hey, WWE is putting a lot of people in the Hall of Fame that didn’t necessarily work for them. Which I think is a great thing. Even though it’s called the WWE Hall of Fame, they are opening their arms a little further; it’s more of a wrestling hall of fame. At least in my eyes, he’s the greatest wrestling commentator ever."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Some WWNLive updates:

There has been no movement in the lawsuit FloSports has brought against WWN Inc. as of this writing. Court records do not indicate WWN has even been officially served. WWN has stated they will be counter-suing, but obviously cannot start that process until they are actually served.

The October EVOLVE events will stream at WWNLive.com. EVOLVE is running 10/14 in Queens, NY and 10/15 in East Haddam, CT. There will also be ACW and SHINE events streamed on that platform this month.

There is currently no Style Battle event scheduled. That promotion was launched as a special monthly event for the Flosports service. The plan was to hold the final tournament's "debut season" for the brand over Wrestlemania weekend in New Orleans, so they have tons of time to run the 8th event to cement the last finalist.

WWN will be taking the month of November off from running live events. The initial plan was to run Houston over Survivor Series weekend, but the planned venue was badly damaged by Hurricane Harvey. There was talk of moving the shows to Florida, but it was decided the company would be better off taking off November and then run in early December. The company will end up taking about 6 weeks off in total from running events.

"The End" video that was released yesterday was not teasing the end of the EVOLVE brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
John Cena is booked for several WWE live events in December. As of this writing, Cena is scheduled for several RAW live events after Christmas, as well as a SmackDown live event on December 30th. Below are the live events that Cena is currently scheduled for:

* Tue. Dec 26: Madison Square Garden, New York, NY (RAW)

* Wed. Dec 27: Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (RAW)

* Fri. Dec 29: Times Union Center, Albany, NY (RAW)

* Sat. Dec 30: Amalie Arena in Tampa, FL (SmackDown)

As noted, Cena was advertised for The Survivor Series in November. WWE has since removed Cena from advertising for the show, so it appears as if Cena will not be returning to WWE until the end of the year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Everything seemed to be relatively normal in WWE, then one day Austin Aries showed up with a banana in his pocket. It became a signature feature for Aries, and he never offered an explanation for the banana until now. In the latest episode of The Tomorrow Show, Aries said it all started during the 2016 WWE Hall Of Fame ceremony.

"I'm just going to say this about the banana. The Hall Of Fame is long, okay? And I saw lots of people dressed to impress that night. Lots of nice suits. Lots of nice dresses. Let me tell you something, about three and a half hours in, I guarantee about 40 percent of that audience wished they had a banana in their pocket instead of a pocket square, because I got famished," Aries explained. "I was running low on some energy, and that pocket square wouldn't do me any good. But I got a nice little shot of some natural sugars and potassium, and then I just used my sleeve to wipe my mouth off. And I didn't need the pocket square. So sometimes the thing comes in handy in a pinch. You never know."
Link with more highlights: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...dea-came-from/

Some other sheet news includes:

Some stuff from the TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote