View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 10:16 PM   #1428
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets Sponsored by High Flying Appre... ehh Powerbomb Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Coming the day after No Mercy, Raw got a small bump of three percent in the ratings to 2.90 million viewers as compared to last week ...

Raw was fourth for the night on cable, trailing the NFL game with the Dallas Cowboys vs. Arizona Cardinals, the SportsCenter after the game, and Hannity on Fox News.

There was a lot of competition as the NFL game did 13.69 million viewers, Dancing with the Stars featuring Nikki Bella did 8.67 million viewers, which is very low for that show, Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon both topped 17 million, and The Voice, The Good Doctor, and Kevin Can Wait all topped 10 million viewers.

The second-to-third hour drop was far bigger among men than is normal, but was consistent in every demo.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.12 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.08 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.57 million viewers
In terms of demo rankings, RAW took the #4-6 spots trailing MNF, Sportscenter, and blood rival Love & Hip Hop.

Quote:
While parodying DX’s invasion of Nitro, members of the Bullet Club “invaded” last night’s Raw by appearing outside of the building. Matt Jackson sent out a message inviting fans to meet them at a Hot Topic in Ontario, California and they then went to the venue. The invasion played into storylines from "Being the Elite” and was chronicled on the latest episode, including Cody Rhodes doing the speech from Independence Day.
Supposedly WWE was really upset this happened and revealing fans got free tickets because of poor sales for the show.

Quote:
Triple H explained why he takes pictures with NXT wrestlers after big moments and posts them on social media: “You know why I take pictures with everybody? Because I'm more famous," he said. "When I do that, and I take a picture, just on Twitter alone I got six million people that see it when I tap that picture. I make them something bigger, and that's the attempt." He added that he helps them if he can and steps away when they don’t need it anymore.
Quote:
Matt and Jeff Hardy, Elias, Ruby Riot, Drew McIntyre, Lars Sullivan, The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson), Beth Phoenix, and Aleister Black were revealed as downloadable characters for WWE 2K18.

2K announced that WWE 2018 is currently in development for Windows PC and will be available on the same launch day as the versions for PS 4 and Xbox One.

Shane McMahon discussed doing his own motion capturing for the video game.
Link to Shane's interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNOoKp2nLpI

Quote:
Ric Flair has gotten some publicity for saying in an interview for his upcoming 30 for 30 that he’s slept with 10,000 women in his life. “I wish I hadn’t said that because of my grandkids,” Flair told People. “I only love one now. I have never done anything since I met Wendy.”
Link to the interview: http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/26/ric-flair-10000-women/

Quote:
Revolution Pro Wrestling announced a big first-time match between Tomohiro Ishii and Keith Lee for their November 9th Global Wars UK show at York Hall.

Nick Jackson tweeted that over 100,000 Young Bucks shirts have been sold at Hot Topic in the last three months.

Aaron Bentley has an article for Voices of Wrestling on a leaked email that Gabe Sapolsky sent to EVOLVE talent and Sapolsky’s reaction to finding out it was leaked.
Rev Pro tweet: https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/912683749715914752 , Bucks tweet: https://twitter.com/NickJacksonYB/st...35330472914944 , EVOLVE article: http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/201...ertain-future/

Quote:
Kenny Omega will defend his IWGP United States title stateside for the first time, as he will face YOSHI-HASHI at ROH Global Wars: Chicago on October 15th ...

Ring of Honor had originally announced he would be defending the title back in August when it was first announced he would be wrestling on the tour. The next day, ROH released a statement saying that while he would be on the tour, they could not confirm if he would be defending the title or not. ROH officially confirmed yesterday that the title would be defended.

Kenny Omega is scheduled for all four stops of the Global Wars tours, which include October 12th in Buffalo, October 13th in Pittsburgh, October 14th in Columbus and October 15th in Chicago.
Quote:
Steve Austin was referenced on Rick & Morty, the sci-fi cartoon on Cartoon Network. On last night's episode, Rick's daughter started talking all tough and Rick started sarcastically calling her Stone Cold Steve Austin, and they later posted his picture on the Rick & Morty Facebook page.
Quote:
Confirming what had been feared, WWE announced today that Jeff Hardy will have to undergo surgery for his shoulder injury.

WWE noted that Jeff suffered a torn rotator cuff in the six-pack challenge main event on last week's episode of Raw and that it was a "full thickness tear of his supraspinatus tendon and a couple of other areas in the shoulder."

Jeff will be undergoing surgery for the rotator cuff tear on October 3rd. He also told WWE.com that he has a torn labrum and said the doctors will figure out more about what else needs to be repaired when they do the operation ...

Dave Meltzer reported on Saturday that Jeff initially injured his shoulder in July when taking a bump to the outside during the Iron Man match for the Raw Tag Team titles at the Great Balls of Fire pay-per-view but had been working on it since.
Timeline for his recovery is usually around 6 months but could be up to a year for worst case scenario.

Quote:
According to those close to the situation, Cesaro did not get his teeth cracked or knocked out when he went mouth first into the post last night after taking a catapult into the corner spot by Dean Ambrose.

What actually happened is that the blow caused Cesaro's front teeth to be jammed into his gums.

According to someone familiar with this type of situation, the teeth possibly could be saved by having oral surgery to pull the teeth down and stabilize them, although that would require a root canal. But it was noted in a WWE.com post that Cesaro will see “a maxillofacial surgeon today, most likely removing the teeth and then having some implants made” and that they hope to have him back in action by mid-week.

The injury took place at last night's No Mercy pay-per-view in Los Angeles where Cesaro & Sheamus were challenging Ambrose & Seth Rollins in a match for the Raw Tag Team titles. Cesaro wrestled much of the match badly bleeding from the mouth, and it appeared that his teeth had been knocked out
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
For those who have asked, all signs are that former WWE Divas champion Paige has been cleared to return to the ring.

The belief is that although she was drafted to Raw in 2016 during the brand split, that will be ignored and she will return to the ring as part of the Smackdown brand next month.

Paige has not competed for WWE since the summer of 2016, when she was suspended for the first of two infractions under the WWE Wellness Policy. Since that time, she has also undergone neck surgery, which she was just cleared to return from and well, a lot of, for lack of a better word, drama surrounding her relationship with Alberto el Patron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Deadline.com reported this evening that Universal has acquired an as of yet untitled buddy cop comedy film that will star John Cena and comedian Kumail Nanjiani (who was excellent in The Big Sick) attached to star.

This is the latest film project for Cena, who is putting his focus on Hollywood and is not slated for any WWE appearances until Survivor Series in November.

Cena will be one of the stars for the forthcoming Transformers: Bumbleebee and has been rumored for the role of DC Comics hero Shazam! in the long-gestating feature film adaptation of that character, which has long had The Rock attached to play Shazam nemesis Black Adam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Below is the updated confirmed card for the HIAC pay-per-view from the Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, Michigan:

Hell In a Cell Match
Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens

Hell In a Cell for the SmackDown Tag Team Titles
The Usos vs. The New Day

WWE Title Match
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Jinder Mahal

SmackDown Women's Title Match
Charlotte Flair vs. Natalya

WWE United States Title Match
Baron Corbin vs. AJ Styles

Randy Orton vs. Rusev

Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler
Quote:
WWE's latest poll asked fans: "Could The Miz and The Miztourage have defeated The Shield?" As of this writing, "No. The Shield would have destroyed them" is leading with 89 percent of the vote.
Quote:
As noted, former TNA Tag Team Champion Crazzy Steve left Impact Wrestling earlier this year after WWE reportedly showed interest in him. Steve attended the WWE tryouts this past June, however Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio this week that WWE ended up not signing him.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, The Empress of Tomorrow (Asuka) celebrated her 36th birthday today.
  • Maria recently announced on Instagram she is currently pregnant with her first child and is around 13 weeks into her pregnancy. http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/ma...t-child-243451
  • WWE officially announced Asuka will be making her RAW debut at the TLC ppv on October 22nd.
  • ROH recently announced Cody Rhodes has signed a long term deal with the company and teased to be the richest in company history. http://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/...g-honor-243376
  • Upcoming episode of Talk Is Jericho will have Observer's Dave Meltzer as the guest talking about Brian Pillman. Episode will be released on October 4th which is the 20th anniversary of Pillman's passing.
  • 107.7 The Bone with Baby Huey & Bimbo Jimbo had a recent interview with Steve Austin talking about Lesnar-Strowman match, his heel turn at Mania X-7, if there can be another hot era for wrestling/WWE, and Cena-Reigns feud crowd reactions. https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...mercy.html?p=1
  • Like with recent WWE shows, yesterday's episode of RAW had lots of empty seats with the upper section being around 2/3rd taped off based on PWI's report of the show.
  • Jim Ross' new book called Slobberknocker: My Life in Wrestling will be getting released on October 3rd. https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...tails.html?p=1
  • Former WWE women's wrestler Kaitlyn recently revealed on Instagram she is currently training to make a return to wrestling. https://www.instagram.com/p/BZZAgKIgM8i/
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote