View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 11:03 PM   #1411
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Random "Ciem" Almas gif:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Before the Mae Young Classic finals take place next Tuesday, WWE will be broadcasting a red carpet special earlier in the afternoon on Facebook Live.

Ronda Rousey will be making an appearance and participating in interviews ahead of possibly taking part in the follow-up to the Four Horsewomen vs. Four Horsewomen angle. WWE's Four Horsewomen will be represented on the red carpet too, with Charlotte Flair and Bayley advertised to be there.

Stephanie McMahon, Triple H, Nikki and Brie Bella, and soccer star Hope Solo will also be appearing on the red carpet show, with WWE hyping that cast members from Netflix's "GLOW" series will be present on Tuesday as well. The show will be hosted by Cathy Kelley at 6 p.m. Eastern time, then the tournament finals will stream live on the WWE Network at 10 p.m. ET.

The Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada will host SmackDown, Kairi Sane vs. Shayna Baszler in the MYC finals, and 205 Live next Tuesday. Dave Meltzer noted in this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter that the tentative plan is for 205 Live to air at 10:30 p.m. ET.
Link to the announcement: http://www.wwe.com/shows/maeyoungcla...sic-red-carpet

Quote:
Regarding Tuesday, because the Raw crew leaves after the show for Australia, unless they make special arrangements and Sasha Banks misses the first night of the Australia tour, she won't be able to be in Las Vegas on Tuesday for the expected Horsewoman vs. Horsewoman angle.
Quote:
One would expect an angle on the 9/12 live show in Las Vegas. The rumors have been that Rousey would do a Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen match at Survivor Series and that would lead to another match at WrestleMania, singles match with Stephanie McMahon and Charlotte being the names most talked about
Quote:
Impact Wrestling's Global Wrestling Network, an attempt to be positioned as the alternate brand to the WWE Network, will be launched next week with 850 to 900 hours of content and a $7.99 monthly price point, according to Ed Nordholm, the Executive Vice President of Anthem Sports and Entertainment.

Nordholm appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio Friday and spoke of the company's future, saying the goal is to break even and eventually make money, but they knew full well when they purchased the company that wasn't going to happen overnight.

"We're invested in this company. We're growing it. We know it's not going to turn around tomorrow."

The key news revolved around the announcement of the streaming service. The service will have both a free and a pay tier. There will be a one-month free trial period for everyone who signs up.

For those in North America, the free tier would include episodes of Impact Wrestling released ten days after they air on Pop TV. Of the company's approximately 3,000 hours of tape in its library, about 850 to 900 of those hours will be part of the archives in the pay tier.
Quote:
As far as selling the library to WWE, that makes no economic sense at this point.

"I know full well how the WWE Network would monetize the content and what they could pay for the library," he said. "It makes no sense for me to sell it for that kind of price. I'd rather keep it, put it up on the app, and monetize it myself."
More details from Nordholm's recent appearance on the Observer Radio show: http://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/an...ent-gfw-242536

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 9/7 edition of Impact, which partially went against the NFL opener, did 227,000 overnight viewers, way down from the 268,000 overnight viewers that they did last week. They did 320,000 viewers less than a month ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The woman who played Miss Elizabeth to Dolph Ziggler's Randy Savage on Smackdown Live this past Tuesday was Stephanie Dinsmore, a former Miss South Dakota who is married to former WWE star Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Above, Daniel Bryan continued his fan Q&A (first part here) and answered questions about if he'll grow his beard long ago like before (Bryan said he won't), his closest friend on the WWE roster (Brian Kendrick was named first, followed by Kane, John Cena, Cesaro, Seth Rollins, and others). Bryan also talked about who in wrestling he looked up to when he was younger.

"I have to say Dean Malenko was my absolute favorite," Bryan said. "He was the guy I watched and was like 'wow.' Because I wasn't the most athletic guy in high school, so I saw Rey Mysterio and he was 5'3" and he was doing all of these crazy things. And I would say "Wow! That's amazing!" but I could never do any of those things. I saw Dean, and he was like 5'7" and I saw the style he worked, I loved the submission stuff and he was so good at it."
Link to the Q&A video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdpLqy7u4F8

Quote:
Triple H stated on the second episode of The World According To Wrestling podcast this week that the World of Sport revival in the U.K. late last year slightly affected their plans for a U.K. division. A World of Sport special aired last December on ITV, which is the #2 network in the U.K. WWE followed by holding the United Kingdom Championship Tournament this past January.

"Did it change our timing a little bit because of when they positioned their show? Yeah, but we are talking by maybe months or something not speeding up the process in terms of getting it done," Triple H said. "We've been working on this for a long time. Any other show aside, if they are successful I'm happy for them. And, at the end of the day, it all helps the industry so we just do what we do. And I think we do it better than anyone else on the planet."
Quote:
Samoa Joe is slated to return to action at the end of October, according to Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Joe has been out of action since late August after suffering a knee injury during a match with John Cena at a WWE live event. Joe was scheduled to wrestle Cena on RAW on August 28th, however the match was dropped.
Quote:
Ranallo’s primary issues were not with Layfield, but with the culture in place at the time headed by Vince McMahon. Layfield was part of it, but not the key part of it. Layfield’s actions were the straw that broke the camel’s back in a situation that has been resolved enough to where Ranallo returned with the proviso he’s working and reporting to Michael Cole and Paul Levesque, neither of which he ever had any problems with and they were the two people who recruited him into the company in the first place.
Quote:
The Mae Young Classic is clearly a huge hit on the WWE Network. For this past week, the top eight most-watched shows on the network were all eight episodes, which means that the four episodes released a week ago were all still head of both NXT and 205 Live both last week and this week. In fact, episodes one through four, even a week later, were ahead of the new 205 Live released on 9/5, even though they were released on 8/27. The top ten rankings for the week were: 1. Mae Young Classic episode five; 2. MYC episode six; 3. MYC episode seven; 4. MYC episode eight; 5. MYC episode four; 6. MYC episode three; 7. MYC episode one; 8. MYC episode two; 9. 205 Live from 9/5; 10. SummerSlam 2017. The NXT episode on 8/30 was in 11th place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberver
Regarding the weekly U.K. show, there are two stories going around. One said that it was still in the plans but the hold-up is the expense of doing the tapings because the original U.K. tournament that was supposed to be the kickoff show lost so much money. But the company was also looking to get the show on television in the U.K. and thus far hasn’t been able to make a deal
Quote:
Lucha Underground is heavily talking about Ultima Lucha on television so the season is winding to a close. None of the talent knows anything. The basic word we’ve heard is that El Rey would like a new season, but nobody has yet come through to fund the season. After season one lost so much money, they were able to get one of the owners to put up money for two more seasons so they could reach 100 episodes, a milestone they reached. They never tried touring and at WrestleMania in Dallas it was clear there was a huge buzz on Lucha Underground that isn’t there anymore and missed it. This stuff was taped 15 months ago and nobody has gotten paid since then but are under contract, so this has really screwed with the guys because ROH and WWE won’t touch anyone here. GFW has a relationship so have been able to get a few people. But there are a lot of talented guys who will be on the free agent market soon unless a new season is announced
Quote:
Due to their success is moving merchandise at Hot Topic, there will be a full line of Young Bucks, Bullet Club (with the different characters) and Elite merchandise not only in Hot Topic but several other chains are expected to pick it up around the second quarter of 2018
Quote:
Heyman is always controversial as there are people in management and creative who don’t like that he comes in and gets Lesnar segments changed so often. Heyman does have a lot of pull with Vince and the reality is most of the unique Lesnar creative, whether it’s the angles or match strictures and finishes, are out of the box and for the better such and my belief is the Joe program helped spark a business turnaround that led to the even stronger momentum the great four-way and the Strowman program. The belief is that if Heyman wasn’t around, than Lesnar would be more apt to do things the way they are originally written instead of the changes

Some other sheet news includes:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote