View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 10:17 PM   #1403
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Big Boot Friday:

Quote:
Former WWE Champion John "Bradshaw" Layfield announced Friday night that he is going to be "stepping away" from WWE SmackDown to focus on charitable endeavors instead.
Link to his full statement: http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/jb...ackdown-242111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
A cage match will headline next week's episode of Raw.

WWE announced today that Big Show and Braun Strowman would be facing off inside a steel cage on Monday. That's the second match officially confirmed for the episode, with The Miz also set to defend his Intercontinental Championship against Jeff Hardy after Hardy won a battle royal to get the title shot ...

Strowman vs. Big Show has main evented two episodes of Raw already this year. Their last meeting ended in a no contest after WWE did a ring-collapsing angle when Strowman hit a superplex on Big Show.

Monday's Raw falls on Labor Day, which means that next week's ratings will likely be delayed due to the holiday.
Link to the announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3avrpSSC0Hk

Quote:
PWG's Battle of Los Angeles kicks off in Reseda, California tonight. First round matches in the tournament take place tonight and tomorrow, with a few non-tournament matches as well. The schedule is listed below. Though he won't be wrestling on at least the first two nights, Chuck Taylor tweeted that he'll be at the shows to do commentary.

PWG BATTLE OF LOS ANGELES SATURDAY NIGHT IN RESEDA, CALIFORNIA
Sammy Guevara vs. Joey Janela
Trevor Lee vs. Donovan Dijak
Sami Callihan vs. Jeff Cobb
Michael Elgin vs. Matt Riddle
Mark Haskins vs. Travis Banks
Keith Lee vs. Walter
Ricochet & Matt Sydal vs. Marty Scurll & Zack Sabre Jr.
Young Bucks & Kenny Omega vs. Penta 0M & Rey Fenix & Flamita
Quote:
KUSHIDA will defend his ROH TV title against Kenny King at the Death Before Dishonor PPV in Las Vegas on September 22nd.
Quote:
Fox Sports Mexico will be airing a new weekly Spanish-language show called "WWE Saturday Night."
Link to the announcement: http://corporate.wwe.com/investors/n...2017-160016313

Quote:
The mobile health clinic in Syria that Sami Zayn raised money for this past month started in operation yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 8/31 edition of Impact did 268,000 overnight viewers, down from last week's 296,000 overnight viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The upcoming WWE DVD release schedule is as follows:

9/5 - WWE Unreleased: 1986-1995
9/19 - WWE Summerslam 2017.
10/3 - WWE Dawn of Attitude 1997
10/17 - Iconic Matches: Roman Reigns
10/17 - Iconic Matches: John Cena
10/17 - Iconic Matches: Finn Balor
10/24 - 30 Years of Survivor Series
11/14 - WWE NXT From Secret to Sensation.
12/26 - Survivor Series 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE's next major book Second Nature by Ric Flair and Charlotte Flair with Brian Shields will be released on 9/18, looking at the intertwined careers of father and daughter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
PWInsider.com has learned that WWE star Samoa Joe was in Birmingham, Alabama earlier this week to have his knee injury diagnosed and fixed.

We are told the updated outlook for Joe being out of the ring is 4-6 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Primo Colon is cleared to return to action after rehabbing his knee injury, PWInsider.com has learned. He is slated to be back on the road ASAP for the company.

We are hearing the next major addition to the VOD component for the WWE Network looks to be WCW Thunder.

Darren Young is also cleared to return to the ring we are told. No word on when he will return.

The current plan is to air the Table for 3 episode with Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat and Sting on Monday 9/11 following Raw.

The second season of Story Time, the WWE Network animated series recreating stories told by WWE performers, is set for 9/18 following Raw.

WWE will be timing the WWE Network Collection of Hell in A Cell (which they announced yesterday) for October for a bit of Halloween-theming. I am surprised they haven't opted to do a WCW Halloween Havoc like Collection as well, but perhaps next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Hall of Famers Beth Phoenix and Madusa are being brought in for the 9/12 Mae Young Classic Finals, which will air live on the WWE Network from Las Vegas.

Interestingly, Madusa had filmed backstage interview at the tournament but thus far, they have not appeared on the broadcast or online.

PWInsider.com has also been told a planned WWE Network special on the Hall of Famer has been pulled from airing. It was originally set to air the same week at the finals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Alberto el Patron and Paige have been getting local publicity from the local FOX Affiliate in San Antonio for buying out hotels and housing those who have been displaced by flooding from Hurricane Harvey. That is a pretty amazing effort there. The following video clip of Paige speaking to local media popped up on Twitter:

@PrideOfMexico @RealPaigeWWE you guys are amazing!! Giving people a safe place to stay.. We should all do the same and donate!! pic.twitter.com/APWZ3w1p3N
— Real Del Paige (@RealDelPaige) August 30, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
John Morrison/Mundo/Impact and Joey Mercury/Matthews each announced they would be reuniting as a team for the first time in years on 9/22 for All Pro Wrestling wrestling against Reno Scum, which also means that GFW team is ready to return to action

Stoked for our rematch 9/22 at @allprowrestling!!@Thornstowe_Scum & @legendbaby81 vs@WWEMercury & @TheRealMorrison
???????????????????????????? https://t.co/aUMSgxZjm8
— John Morrison (@TheRealMorrison) August 31, 2017

Attn: Promoters-@WWEMercury & @TheRealMorrison are back together starting 9/22 and we've never been this good.......looking. #ItsOkToStare https://t.co/jMw0ahHY51
— Joey, from Wrestling (@WWEMercury) August 31, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
House of Hardcore owner Tommy Dreamer announced this evening that any orders made for House of Hardcore t-shirts through the company or the Pro Wrestling Tees sale that kicks off Friday at 12 PM Noon, Dreamer will match the order by donating shirts and shipping them to Houston to help provide clothing to victims of Hurricane Harvey, which devastated Houston and the surrounding areas
HoH link for those interested in buying some shirts: http://www.houseofhardcore.net/

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
"So Vince McMahon is sitting wherever Vince McMahon sits on a Monday morning and he's seeing me on the Today Show and I look good in a suit. I'm representing the company. I look good in a suit. And I'm wearing the title and then he sees this package of me stomping another man's head into the ground and it being called The Curbstomp on national television. And he thought to himself, 'well, that's not a good representation of what I want my top guy to do,' so he just had a meeting with some of his people, and they decided, 'well, we don't need it - we can figure out another finish for you' and the rest is history. I get it. I hate it. I think it's silly, but it is what it is and it's not my company. I'm doing the best I can with it."
Rollins on why his curbstomp finisher was banned during an interview with the Sam Roberts podcast show. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...curbstomp-and/

Quote:
While recently appearing on Sam Roberts' podcast, Sasha Banks talked about how NXT creative was different from the main roster:

"We kind of always knew where we were going, so it helped me prepare and think about it ahead of time about how can I make this better. But when I go to RAW, it's legit like I have no clue what I am doing so I don't even know what to prepare for. I get handed something and told something and am like 'okay, I have one hour to get... okay let's just do it.' Honestly, I wish we had the opportunity to know what we are doing in the next three months."

Sasha continued, "'Oh, maybe you'll have a tag match maybe you'll have a promo. maybe you'll have this random match that doesn't make any sense,' or who knows, maybe you'll just sit in catering, who knows. None of them [WWE Superstars] know what's going on when you see Monday Night RAW, we're all surprised and sometimes were confused and sometimes they don't even follow through with a storyline."

When asked about her short title reigns, here was Sasha's response:

"I don't know if it was something with me or they just want to keep on flipping flopping, I don't know!"
Link: http://popculture.com/wwe/2017/08/31...s-wwe-booking/

Some other sheet news includes:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote