View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 10:17 PM   #1402
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Asuka gif:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
I don’t know if this is considered good news or not, but GFW and Pop TV signed a new agreement to continue carrying the show in 2018. It’s good in the sense they have a station that isn’t dropping them and are guaranteed TV for another year. The bad news is the deal is not financially effective and it also means they failed to get a deal that would pay them anything but an ad revenue split which is said to mean little or anything, and also that they are likely spending at least another year at that 300,000 viewer per week mark.
Quote:
Whether this happens or not, the current plans are for the U.K. show to begin before the end of this year. Original plans were to start taping in June and now we’re almost in September and a first date for a taping still hasn’t been announced. There are a lot of things to work out, including that the original U.K. championship tournament was apparently a big money loser.
Quote:
Regarding Corbin and his losing the briefcase and having the lackluster match with Cena, that had nothing to do with Cena, well, the match had to do with Cena as his dance partner, but his fortunes falling temporarily was not Cena related. It also had nothing to do with Twitter, although the Twitter stuff did him no favors, particularly with a lot of the wrestlers because it’s considered bad form to go on a blocking spree of your fellow wrestlers. It was an entirely different situation outside the ring that happened a few weeks ago that happened here.
Quote:
Sexy Star was on the reality show Bailadmios, a dancing show she was on but eliminated from and did anything but apologize. She said, translated into English by Fightful.com:

"These past days have been very difficult for me. On Saturday, I had a championship match and it was rough. I think everything just got out of hand. I don't know. It's a situation that right now, I'm still a bit confused about. I want to remain silent for the time being and when the time comes, I will touch upon this topic. Men and women want to end me, retire me from the sport. I'm here like I said from the beginning and I won't stop representing all the women that have been mistreated and abused physically and psychologically. I have to be stronger. At one time, I went through depression and I managed to get out of that predicament and I will get out of this one as well. I was doing what I felt needed to be done, what people deserve, and that is to fight tooth and nail to the end. That's what happened and I made her surrender. It seems that (Rosemary) is injured. I just don't know. That's the only thing I can say."
Quote:
Brooke Adams, who lives in Houston, and whose home has not been affected by Hurricane Harvey, has started a GoFundMe to help raise money for people who have been displaced.
Link to the fundraiser: http://www.gofundme.com/4ceqxi8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE star Sami Zayn announced this afternoon that the mobile health clinic he led crowdfunding for over the last month officially opened today:

Tears of joy on the proudest day of my life.

Our mobile clinic in Syria is up & running!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCEhttps://t.co/gvJde51MvN pic.twitter.com/e4SYtiKosZ
— Sami Zayn (@SamiZayn) August 31, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Velvet Sky has been selected for Maxim Magazine's "Maxim Finest" contest where the winner will receive a $25,000 modeling contract among other things. Sky has said that if she wins, she will donate a significant portion of the prize money to the animal shelter she volunteers for, Animals for Life.

To vote for Velvet Sky to move on to the next round click: https://maximsfinest.com/2017/velvet-sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Dave Meltzer is reporting that Dave Bautista's name is being floated around for the headliner of 2018 WWE Hall of Fame in New Orleans.

It makes sense that he could be inducted next year as it would be four years removed from his Wrestlemania 30 appearance in the same city. And given his high-profile movie roles in "Guardians of the Galaxy","Blade Runner 2049" and the upcoming "Avengers: Infinity War" it would be a good way to draw mainstream interests and sell tickets.

Especially since the former WWE World Heavyweight Champion has been very vocal about the company's PG direction and what he feels was botched by his 2014 return. This more than likely will lead to some interesting views on the Network.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Above is the intro for the "WWE Unreleased: 1986-1995" DVD that comes out next week, courtesy of WrestlingDVDNetwork.com. The set features 45 never-before-seen matches and hidden gems, hosted by former WWE announcer Sean Mooney and Charly Caruso.
Link to the intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieJGDIDfKos

Quote:
Alberto at this point is scheduled to return to GFW for the November tapings, so even though they had Jim Cornette wish him the best in his future endeavors and gave the impression he was gone and kind of buried him on the way out, the plan right now is to bring him back. The original idea would be he’d come back as a heel against the company to do the idea he was mad about his suspension
Quote:
Strowman wasn’t on Raw this week as a creative decision for the Lesnar vs. Strowman program. The feeling was to keep the two of them apart after the physical angle last week. Strowman was taken off this show with the idea you can’t have them both on the show at this point without interacting. On 9/4, Lesnar and Heyman won’t be on Raw in Omaha so Strowman will return. They at this point are scheduled to both be on the 9/11 show in Anaheim
Quote:
The company is pushing that Jessicka Carr (real name Jessicka Heiser, 25, formerly known in ROH and indies as Kennadi Brink) debuted on the Mae Young Classic as the first women’s referee in company history. Of course that’s far from the truth as a ton of the women have worked as referees on touring shows when they had an odd number of women on tours, and the first women’s referee in WWE history was Rita Chatterton, known as Rita Marie, in the 80s. She’s erased from history as she had a falling out, to say the least, with Vince McMahon.
Quote:
For the top ten most-watched shows on the WWE Network over the past week, it was dominated by the Mae Young Classic. The top four spots were taken, in order, by episodes one through four. From there it was: 5. Summer Slam; 6. Mae Young Classic bracketology; 7. NXT from 8/23; 8. NXT Takeover Brooklyn; 9. WrestleMania 33; 10. 205 Live for 8/22 featuring Enzo’s debut
Quote:
Regarding the mention of Mel Phillips and WWE television. We’re told that the attempt is to not show him on the WWE Network. There are plenty of things where he was doing ring announcing or in shots where they’ve edited him out but there are also things that have fallen through the cracks such as the angle in 1985 on a Saturday Night’s Main Event where Terry Funk beat him up and used his branding iron on him. There are some shots of him in the background but all the stuff of him as ring announcer has been edited out. Phillips was a ring announcer at house shows as well as the guy in charge of the ring crew and was fired in 1992 after allegations of his actions with some of the ring boys which included one settlement that was publicized with Tom Cole which included an agreement by WWF that Phillips and Terry Garvin would never work for the company again

Some other sheet news includes:
  • WWE released the content for both of Undertaker's and Sting's upcoming collection sets for the WWE Network. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/112...tions.html?p=1
  • WWE's online shop is currently holding a sale on Legends related merchandise.
  • During a recent interview with The Hannibal TV Youtube show, Sid Vicious revealed the reason he left the WWE in 1992 was due to the backstage antics of Hogan and Ultimate Warrior. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...hon-backstage/
  • Triple H recently made an appearance on ESPN's First Take show talking about Mayweather-McGregor fight, chances on Ronda Rousey wrestling, and more. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...r-vs-mcgregor/
  • Recent episode of Sean Waltman's X-Pac 12360 podcast show had Steve Austin as the guest talking Ric Flair's health, Southpaw Regional Wrestling, Roman Reigns, and more. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...hn-cena-promo/
  • Uproxx held a recent interview with Batista talking about origins of his WWE name, if being in the WWE helped his acting career, and not beign a fan of his original Deacon Batista gimmick. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...ed-him-in-wwe/
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, last Saturday's main event of AAA's TripleMania XXV was the most watched wrestling match in North America in almost 30 years, according to the Observer. Match itself generated a 22.8 for tv ratings and Dr Wagner Jr was paid around $255k for the mask vs mask match (largest ever for a lucha libre match). https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc..._dr_wagner_vs/
  • According to recent numbers from Wrestlenomics, NJPW World currently has around 60k subscribers which puts it as the #2 biggest streaming service in Japan. Japan's pro baseball league has the most with around 100k subscribers.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote