View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 04:24 PM   #1083
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think the whole event was pretty "meh".

It wasn't actually that great and to me, it was a bit of a let down. I actually really hope they don't do another televised show from Saudi Arabia again, but even if they do, I won't be watching it anyway.

Out of all the overseas televised events I've watched, Saudi Arabia has to be the worst place.

Obviously, this is because I'm not from the country, but I found it really strange to see ringside adorned with comfortable chairs and Sheikhs occupying them with their children sitting on their knees, all the while, having waiters serving them and walking around with trays of drinks in wine glasses.

Hardly any of them seemed interested or knew what was going on and would occasionally applaud a big move, like a king applauding his jester, all the while, what was clearly the actual fans and regular Saudi's were all away at the back of the stadium.

Anyway, the matches themselves weren't exactly classics and like pretty much every single overseas house show, every title was successfully defended.

As for the actual Royal Rumble Match, that was a bit of a let down too.

I don't know if my feelings towards the match were what they were because it was actually not great or if it was because I already knew Strowman was going to win.

I knew Strowman was going to win because right before the Royal Rumble Match, I stopped to check the football scores on TV and instead of talking about the scores like they usually do, the presenter mentioned Strowman had won the match.

That's my typical luck.

Anyway, usually I really enjoy Royal Rumble Matches but this one was just really underwhelming and even boring.

There wasn't many spots, or near eliminations or many surprise entrants, and the ones we got were shit. We all knew beforehand that Mark Henry, Rey Mysterio, The Great Khali and Chris Jericho were all in the match, so they weren't surprises.

We got two surprise entrants and they were Hornswoggle and some random Sumo Wrestler.

Even the ending was bad. Usually the last few entrants are good names or surprises, but instead (apart from Jericho as we knew he was in), we got Shane McMahon, Shelton Benjamin and Big Cass.

You know a five hour event wasn't that great when the most talked about thing from it, is someone tripping as they ran.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote