View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 10:47 PM   #1134
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by WWE's Newest Mega Era ... The Maharaja Era:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Despite monster competition from an NBA playoff game on Tuesday night, SmackDown viewership was up seven percent over last week. The show averaged 2.328 million viewers.

Game four of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics aired opposite SmackDown for the last 90 minutes of the show and averaged 7.017 million viewers ...

The episode was eighth for the night in total viewers on cable, but it finished third in the 18-49 demo, trailing only the NBA game and the basketball post-game show.
Quote:
WWE revealed the participants for this year's Money in the Bank ladder match during the opening segment of tonight's episode of SmackDown.

It will be AJ Styles, Baron Corbin, Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler, Kevin Owens, and Shinsuke Nakamura competing for the briefcase and a future shot at the WWE Championship. The announcement was made by Shane McMahon.
Current rumors hint at another MitB match getting announced soon for the ppv involving the women's division.

Quote:
Matt Hardy responded to Impact Wrestling president Ed Nordholm's statement and the documents that he released about The Hardys' contracts and the legal situation over their "Broken" characters: "I tell the truth & I don't need to desperately overcompensate to prove my public credibility. My facts will be shared via the correct venue."
Link to Hardy's response: https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/s...02944747290624

Quote:
The New Day made their first appearance on WWE TV since the roster shakeup on Talking Smack last night.
Quote:
Mahal winning the WWE Championship was recognized by Graham Sucha in the Legislative Assembly of Alberta.
Link to the speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugCZDjwHK64

Quote:
Asuka tweeted about her undefeated streak: "I respect Goldberg so much. He is amazing. I am honored to be the undefeated champion with the longest streak in WWE history. #WWE #WWENXT"
Link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/867512342120148993

Quote:
PWG officially announced that this year's Battle of Los Angeles tournament will take place on September 1st-3rd. The promotion also revealed the card for their June 16th show (which will be called "Man on the Silver Mountain"):

reDRagon vs. Zack Sabre Jr. & Marty Scurll
Matt Sydal vs. Sami Callihan
War Machine vs. Brian Cage & Michael Elgin
Lio Rush vs. Keith Lee
Chuck Taylor & Trent Barreta vs. Jeff Cobb & Matt Riddle
Jake Crist vs. Trevor Lee
Jason Cade vs. Dezmond Xavier
Link to the announcement: https://twitter.com/OfficialPWG/stat...74957393911808

Quote:
A watch party event for Impact Wrestling that was scheduled for this Friday in Manchester has been canceled due to the terrorist attack that took place in the city earlier this week. The company's UK Twitter account posted yesterday: "Due to the horrific terrorist attack yesterday, so close to where Friday's fan event was scheduled, we feel a party is not appropriate. Ticket holders have been emailed. Full refund are being provided and alternative plans made so they can still meet Jeff Jarrett and JB. Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Manchester and the whole of the UK."
Quote:
PROGRESS Wrestling announced that they'll be crowning the promotion's first Women's Champion in the main event of their show on Sunday. It will be Jinny vs. Toni Storm vs. Laura Di Matteo in the Natural Progression Series final. Kay Lee Ray will face Katey Harvey the next day to determine the next contender for whoever wins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Jim Ross posted his latest blog at JRsBarBQ.com. Here are some highlights:

If he wants to return to work full time:

"At this stage of my career, I am much more interested in the quality of my work rather then the frequency of travel of it which translates to; I am not interested in going back on the road every week as I did for so many years. Working on events such as the U.K. special, the occasional NXT booking, etc are right down my alley and are projects that I get to work with new partners and new talents which is always fun. As I mentioned on a recent Ross Report, I love 'coming out of the bullpen' and trying to throw a few strikes whenever WWE deems I'm needed."

The issues between Impact Wrestling and the Hardys:

"Not overly conformable with official contract info, communications, etc being distributed to the pro wrestling media regarding the contract issues involving the Hardy's and Impact Wrestling. Not sure what it proves or if it helps anyone's cause other than keeping this private, business matter lingering in the eyes of the public. Just my two cents but most pro wrestling companies have bigger fish to fry than making a matter such as this click bait."
Link to the blog post: https://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/51739

Quote:
On this week's episode of Dinner With The King podcast with WWE Hall of Famer, Jerry "The King" Lawler, and his co-host, Glenn Moore, talk about Owen Hart's death, which is 18 years ago this week. Lawler was one of the first people to rush to Hart's side in the ring in Kansas City, after Hart fell from the rafters. They sent us these highlights:

The incident being 18 years ago (6:09 mark of show):

"It just seems hard to believe it's been 18 years since that night. Because that night is still so vivid in my mind. For some reason I was looking around as the promo was playing. I glanced up and was looking around. And as the promo was going, I just saw something. I couldn't say that I saw it; saw Owen actually fall. I just saw a blur."

Rushing to Hart's side (11:30 mark of show):

"Once your heart is no longer beating anymore, I could just see his face turn gray, from the tip of his nose all the way down his face as the blood was settling in his body. I knew, I realized that moment right then, that Owen was gone."

Jerry Lawler also discussed more about the pranks Owen Hart pulled and Jinder Mahal's title win.
Quote:
On Tuesday, Nordholm leaked an email exchange he had with a WWE employee who stated that WWE had "no interest" in getting involved with acquiring the gimmick.

Dave Meltzer reported on the most recent episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE is not getting involved because they don't want to set a precedent of buying a gimmick or idea from someone else. Hardy is actively pursuing acquiring the rights to it, and Meltzer noted that if WWE was not interested in the gimmick, they would tell him to stop doing the "Broken" mannerisms that he's been using on television. Meltzer added that it's clear that they have interest in the gimmick if Hardy can get the rights for it, however they have no desire to get involved in the process.
Detailed updates to recent news regarding WWE's interest for the Broken gimmick.

Some other sheet news includes:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote