View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 01:55 AM   #194
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
I dunno, I just don't think you're thinking for yourself. You like Jim Cornette and are getting sucked into his never ending sea of nonsense. The fact that your'e projecting it as a personal slight against Cornette I think makes it pretty clear.

In short, stop being such a mark for Cornette, and for yourself.
Yeah, but the same scenario could be applied to other people, lol. It's not Cornette-specific. The argument is as old as art, frankly. Writers of fiction criticizing those who went too exploitative, filmmakers who show too much and don't play the rules, etc.

Another example: Say Quentin Tarantino had a problem with Harmony Korine (and I'm not saying he does). He thinks his style is too raw and discredits cinema, or whatever. Then Robert Rodriguez, in the middle of this public disagreement, goes and co-directs a Dogme style film with Harmony Korine. Would Tarantino, in that predicament, have a case to say not only "That movie sucks," but also "I feel betrayed by a friend." That's all I'm asking, you cock-munch. When does taking certain bookings become "sleeping with the enemy?"

I'm not saying Cornette should feel that. I don't think he will, honestly. He seems like more the sort to focus on why it sucked, and why Mick should probably make his bumps matter at this stage. But I know I am a passive person outside my "gimmick" here, so I was wondering if people thought that was a bit of a shitty thing for Mick to do and if Cornette's personal issues with Ryan enter the equation at all. You obviously think they don't. Cool, I actually agree, but I don't know if I trust my opinion on that.

As for not thinking for myself. That's your opinion. It's more of that projecting stuff again, but you're entitled to it. I deplore the things Cornette said recently about mental illness. I wouldn't blindly defend the man of any crime. I like him on wrestling and politics though. I'm still yet to hear reasonable criticism of his actual points when refuting him, lol. It's always the straw-man ad hominem excuse to avoid addressing his very real points. But the guy can say some trashy things, no doubt. So whatever, think what you want, I suppose.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote