View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 11:04 PM   #10
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
The movie goes in a lot of different directions, obviously world building like mad. There's potential for this universe but they gotta choose a plot and stick to it. I'd like to know more about the Elven ruling class and how they avoided scorne with who was basically Super Hitler was an elf. I'll give the sequel a chance, I'm interested in this universe. But it needs a new director.
Not so sure about needing a new director, but it seems like this should have at least been a miniseries instead of a movie.

I liked it, but it felt like they tried to shove too much information into the film, but still keep it under two hours. A few times, there seemed like some context missing in the form of a deleted scene. I remember seeing a doc about the BBC Sherlock series, and the original intent was for each episode to only be an hour, but that didn't quite work. This seemed like that: trying to not make it as long as any of the "Rings" movies took out some of the meat of the story.

SPOILER: show
Like don't know if I needed this, but put it in tags anyway - Will's wife and daughter... methinks they're an elf/half elf respectively. They both always have their ears covered with hair. It seemed like something that was going to be touched on to hit another beat of this world's race relations, but got squeezed out for time. Same with the fairy fight at the beginning; like there was going to be some subplot about them being a huge menace, but again, "unimportant". Same with that elf fed being fairly sinister even at the end. He seemed like a plot twist in and of himself that didn't happen. There was more, but those were what just jumped into my head right now.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote