View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 12:50 PM   #298
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad View Post
Yeah, I'm a long-time fan of the characters so it's all good for me. And with this being the 6th X-Men movie, and the 9th in the movie universe, I'd say it's at a point where they can't keep catering to people who haven't followed the series.

Plus, it's one of those movies. It's the X-Men vs. Apocalypse. You want intriguing character development and exposition watch the Shawshank Redemption or something. This is a summer superhero movie.
I've seen everyone except Origins: Wolverine. That's the only film outside of First Class that touches on these characters and their beginnings with any depth. They're not really catering too anyone. These characters existed in the first film with little story behind them, except Wolverine.

Civil War had intriguing character development. Somebody mentioned Cap's and Tony's stories being fueled by their own previous film experiences and thought it as a brilliant tie in. Civil War is a summer superhero movie. But it's also well written and there's a start and finish for the characters from a personal standpoint.

That's not presented here. You can have it both ways. I'm not asking for Oscar worthy writing but this film it's a step down from the last 2 because it just meandered with too many characters being intro'd and a villain that was boring.

Not to mention, they're introducing a completely new and reset timeline that's no longer related to the original film. The X-Men story itself was the best part. They could've done without Apocalypse for a while. He just didn't do it for me.
Damian Rey 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote