View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 10:00 AM   #4054
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Wolfman - 4/10

Benico Del Toro is an Englishman! STRIKE 1! The Wolfman is more vicious than Freddy Krueger (in the unrated version anyway)! STRIKE 2! Emily Blunt doesn't even remotely get undressed! STRIKE 3!

Honestly it was just a lot more gory and gruesome than I was expecting. The special effects weren't that bad though and I liked Anthony Hopkins. But honestly I couldnt for 5 seconds take Del Toro seriously in it even though if I take that bias out, he did an ok job I guess. The music is classic Danny Elfman though, which was good.

Cabin Fever 2 1/10 - worst movie Ive seen this year. Aside from having to see the fat naked girl, the one dude's super pus infected junk, I have a hard time understanding why they even bothered making this piece of shit after like 7 years. The original was like a solid 7..and its like they took everything that was good about it and shit all over it. The fact that the director wanted his name off the project (but didnt get his wish) after it was finished says a lot. Id go as far as to say that it was worse than the Donnie Darko sequel and thats coming from someone who has Donnie Darko as a top 5 movie and I was close to chucking things at the TV during it. Im trying to think about positives but there aren't any. In the original it took at least 2 days for them to get to the point to where they were throwing up blood and stuff like that and in this its less than a day since the contaminated water was delivered that same day.

About the only laugh I did get is that the guy in the Rabbit Suit from the original showed up again and got killed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlomey View Post

King of Kong 10/10
You will probably be happy to hear this:

Steve Wiebe the King Again

By Joe Dodson, 9/24/2010 2:40 AM
Steve Wiebe, the once King of Kong, is king again, having surpassed the vile Billy Mitchell's record. This marks the third time the world record in Donkey Kong has been set - in a year.
If you've seen the documentary King of Kong, you know what we're talking about. Way back in like the 80s, the self-parodic Billy Mitchell set the world record for Donkey Kong. He parlayed that into small time fame, and a huge ass ego.

His record stood for a decade at least, and then Steve Wiebe emerged from his garage to challenge and ultimately surpass Mitchell's record. This was the subject of King of Kong. Since then, the record was captured by Hank Chien, which was then topped by Mitchell, who was just beaten by Wiebe all over again.
Droford is offline   Reply With Quote