View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 11:39 PM   #1913
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Samoa Joe gif:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Ric Flair had to cancel all three of his weekend bookings due to catching a bug, which, with his current condition, made traveling risky. He said he's missing weekend bookings in New York, Dallas and Hot Springs, AR. The Sunday show in Hot Springs, AR for the CWA promotion has announced they are bringing in Lex Luger as a replacement. Flair's situation is thought to not be serious, but he was advised against traveling and making it worse.
Quote:
Indies Roundup:
Evolve is saying that it looks to be setting an attendance record for the promotion for Sunday's Matt Riddle vs. Keith Lee headlined event in Livonia, MI.

The next Bar Wrestling show will be 6/28, and it will be the company's first anniversary show. Brian Cage & Melissa Santos headline against Delilah Doom & Eli Everfly.

All Star Wrestling on 5/25 in Vancouver, BC at the Wise Hall & Lounge with Tommy Dreamer vs Adam Ryder and Sinn Bodhi vs. Randy Myers.
Quote:
The animated comedy web series "Dallas and Robo," where John Cena will be one of the voices, debuts on 5/30 on the WWE YouTube channel. All eight episodes of the series will go up that day.
Quote:
Tom Magee, a former bodybuilder best known for his run in the WWE, was severely beaten outside of his home on Tuesday.

According to a CBS Los Angeles report, Magee, 59, was assaulted by as many as six men in what appears to be a conflict over a parking spot. Magee, who serves as a neighborhood watchdog, spotted the men outside and confronted them. He suffered a broken jaw, broken eye socket and a concussion in the process. He has since then been released from the hospital and is currently recovering at home.

The Los Angles police department are investigating the situation. Justin Lee, 20, and Degrate Bryant, also 20, were taken into custody on charges of assault with a deadly weapon.

Magee, who has a background in olympic weightlifting, gymnastics and a black belt in karate wrestled for the WWE from 1986 through 1990. Infamously, the story goes that Bret Hart did such a great job carrying him in his debut match that he was quickly pushed as a top prospect.

Despite a tremendous athletic background, Magee never progressed as a wrestler and eventually left pro wrestling after his departure from the WWE.

He later went into acting, with a notable role in the 1991 film Stone Cold with former NFL star Brian Bosworth.
Link: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/...-parking-spot/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
The Best of the Super Juniors tournament continues Saturday with a live show at 5:30 am from Korakuen Hall on New Japan World with the following card:
*Shota Umino vs. Ren Narita
*Will Ospreay, YOH & Yoshi-Hashi vs. ACH, Tomoyuki Oka & Tiger Mask
*Minoru Suzuki & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Flip Gordon & Toa Henare
*Taiji Ishimori & Chase Owens vs. Sanada & Bushi
*Dragon Lee vs. SHO – B Block
*El Desperado vs. Ryusuke Taguchi – B Block
*KUSHIDA vs. Chris Sabin – B Block
*Hiromu Takahashi vs. Marty Scurll – B Block
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 5/17 edition of Impact did 326,000 overnight viewers, up from last week's 295,000 overnight viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Earlier this week, The Hollywood Report reported that Raw was expected to remain with NBC Universal with a rights increase “up to three times” its current value. The specifics were not reported, but Sports Business Journal has reported that the entire WWE package on NBC Universal was worth $180 million in 2017, which includes SmackDown Live and Total Divas / Bellas. On Thursday, Variety had a story that Fox, Facebook, and Amazon as frontrunners to land SmackDown, which NBC would not be attempting to retain because of the high renewal rate for Raw. Variety also threw out the option of placing SmackDown Live onto the WWE Network, which sounds like a ridiculous idea given the rights fees at play and the new subscribers it would require to make that transfer viable for the WWE.

The Variety piece also speculated on the idea of SmackDown becoming a three-hour program. While the wrestling consumer would scoff at that notion, many of the players bidding on the rights to the show would be unlikely to feel the same. It is a lot easier for a Fox to bid such a high amount spread out over 156 hours of yearly content versus 104 hours. If you’re a streaming property, the more content the better and as we have seen from the WWE Network, the statistic of “hours streamed” is a metric that a streaming service can boost with an additional hour of SmackDown each week.
Quote:
He was Senior Vice President of Coca Cola Japan from 2006 to 2014, and was President and CEO of Takara Tomy, a major toy company, becoming one of the first foreigners to be a President or CEO of a top-tier Japanese company.

Under Meij, Takara Tomy went from a money losing company to a profitable one, and its stock price tripled from when he took over in 2014. He was credited for putting toy machines in airports, licensed projects with many new companies and introduced a number of new lines based on animation, comic and film characters. The stock price dropped 11 percent the day he left the company in November.

His leaving was a surprise because of how successful it was under him. It’s also noted that in taking a job with New Japan, he went from a huge company, which did $1.72 billion in sales, for comparison, a relatively small company that is hoping to do about $40 million in revenue this year.

In an interview with Tokyo Sports, Meij said that New Japan was the No. 2 wrestling company in the world to WWE, but New Japan’s quality of wrestling is extremely high and is more exciting but in comparison with WWE, licensing income and digital media income is tiny. Kidani said Meij’s strength is in branding and marketing and Meij said his goal was to make New Japan the No. 1 wrestling organization in the world. He said the next steps were to sell out the Tokyo Dome and improve the company’s television situation.
Link: https://twitter.com/EvanDeadlySinsW/...36538542542848

Quote:
The contracts all have terms where WWE have the right to break the contracts at both the four month and the eight month mark, so that seems to indicate they are still uncertain of their plans
Some details about the signing spree WWE recently did for their UK plans.

Quote:
According to Omega, if he were to sign with WWE in the future, he has basically no interest in going to NXT, as it is not where he sees his career going. 'The Cleaner' went on to say that he could go the rest of his career and be fine with not wrestling Samoa Joe, NXT Champion Bobby Roode, and Shinsuke Nakamura. Omega described taking his talents to NXT as a "waste".

"I know NXT is kind of like the indie darling promotion of the WWE; however, I have, maybe, next to 0% interest in going to NXT, to be honest. I'm just saying it does not jive with the goals I have in mind for myself or my [professional wrestling] career to go to NXT. As great as a guy like Bobby Roode is or Samoa Joe or Shinsuke Nakamura, I could go my entire career from this point on not wrestle those guys, and not feel like I missed something. And I don't mean disrespect to them. I just feel that I'm on borrowed time. My style is very physical and I push myself very hard and to the limit all the time to try and change wrestling and give people a reason to subscribe to a New Japan World or WWE Network and I know what we do isn't always cool, so I want to give you all a reason to find it cool again. And it's tough on me, so I want to make sure when I do these high risk matches and when I push myself beyond my boundaries that there is a point. And doing that in NXT, for me, would seem like a little bit of a waste."
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Wednesday's new episode of the "Something Else to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard" podcast on the WWE Network will feature a discussion on Vince Russo. The show will be released at 4pm EST in the WWE Network on-demand section.
Quote:
A new Table For 3 episode will premiere on the WWE Network after Monday's RAW goes off the air. The guests will be WWE Hall of Famer Edge, Christian, RAW Tag Team Champion Matt Hardy and WWE United States Champion Jeff Hardy. Below is the synopsis:

"Legendary TLC icons Edge, Christian, and the Hardys reunite to relive the amazing matches, moments, and stories that defined their careers."
Quote:
WWE has a new poll asking fans which former WWE NXT Superstar has impressed the most since coming to the main roster. As of this writing, 52% have voted for Drew McIntyre while 16% voted for Andrade "Cien" Almas, 14% for No Way Jose, 10% for The Authors of Pain and 8% for The IIconics.

Some other sheet news includes:

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote