View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 06:26 PM   #320
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
Obviously mantle passing occurs in Marvel, but there's a reason it rarely feels as organic and natural as DC. X23 didn't need to 'graduate' into Wolverine, Logan is Wolverine, she's X23. You already know how I feel with FemThor. However, fill-ins are a more natural occurrence with Marvel. Because again, these are people doing 'jobs'. Bucky can fill in as Cap, but it's not this generational thing where 'one day he will be Cap' like 'one day Dick will be Batman' (and he did before New52 pissed on everything).
I agree that DC does mantle passing better in general but I would honestly put Bucky's transition into the new cap up against any in DC's history. It was excellently done, and one of my favorite stories ever. I'm pretty much all digital now, and donated almost all my trades to libraries, but I still have all my Cap trades from the Winter Soldier all the way to Death of Captain America. The problem was that Marvel doesn't have the balls to stick to their status quo changes and they put Steve back in the costume WAY too soon.

As for FemThor, that's not even a mantle passing. Jane picking up the hammer is one piece of a large overarching plot that began with the Godbreaker story.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote