Thread: Dark Souls
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #81
El Capitano Gatisto
World Class Raconteur

El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dung pies are pretty worthless because they harm you as well. If you join the covenant of the spider witch girl behind the secret wall after you beat Quelaag then get yourself infected with the egg disease, you can buy Poison and Toxic Cloud from her servant which do pretty much the same thing.

I spent two hours trying to fight the Stray Demon the other day then gave up, the key is just not to get hit, no matter what your armour is. Keep running behind him, but watch out for his big blast that also hits behind. Stay away from him until he uses it, then sprint in and beat the shit out of him while he is stalled. My problem was that I was using the Drake Sword and it was basically tickling him, so I would whittle his power down to his last quarter, then one lapse in timing and he would flatten me in one hit. It got annoying, I've picked up a Black Knight sword now but I might wait until I get the Lightning Spear in Sen's Fortress before I tackle him again. The Lightning Spear opens up a lot of the game when you get it, it deals with most strong enemies and you can hide behind a shield while using it.

I've just beaten Quelaag and rang the second bell, but I haven't went through the swamp very much yet. There are some goodies in it still to get.
El Capitano Gatisto is offline   Reply With Quote