View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 01:12 AM   #338
Drakul
"Steven, your fossa!"

Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
I'm enjoying the game. Dan is pretty funny in this. His win quotes and ending gave me a bit of chuckle. Though, fighting Seth as Dan was frustrating. Not because I got beat a lot but because, after I win one round, Seth starts repeatedly piledriving, shoryukening and warping no matter what I do. I won, eventually, so it's fine. I'm not looking forward to fighting him with someone I'm unfamiliar with. It'll be a massacre.

Online is great when you are matched with someone of equal skill. It's fun to fight, satisfying to win and it feels fair when I get beat. When someone beats me, they keep me around but as soon as I win a fight, I get kicked. I made my own lobby, got a challanger, beat him and he left.
I don't get it. I'm not being cheap, I'm not constantly spamming a move or throw, I mix it up. Surely, everyone I beat can't be that bad a loser.
I know it's not connection issues because it only happens when I win. There was one exception where me and some guy had a few fights, He won some, I won some but generally, I get kicked after winning.

I bet Capcom will eventually release a DLC that unlocks everything for us. I've seen other games do it. There is a list on Wikipedia that gives dates of costume DLC, if anyones interested. Is it likely we'll get new characters or stages as DLC?

Edit: I had a player vs CPU versus fight on the hardest setting, for the first time. I played as Ken (who else?) fighting Ryu on the volcanic rim. It was a lot more fun than easier settings. I won round one, CPU won round two. In the final round it gets extremely close. I get smacked with a hurricane kick (I forget the real name of it) and my health is down to the point you can't even see it anymore but the CPU is just as low. One more strike and someone wins. We start hopping about, dodging each others attacks until the CPU goes for Ryus Ultra Combo. I leap over it and win with a flying kick square to the face. It was pretty cool.

Last edited by Drakul; 02-22-2009 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Sharing pointless story.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote