View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 10:19 PM   #1120
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Wrestling Gif:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Last night's episode of SmackDown on the USA Network was down to 2.175 million viewers. That's the third lowest total since the brand split and move to a live format.

The only two shows that it beat were last year's November 8th episode, which was against presidential election coverage, and the October 25th episode, which was against the final presidential debate.

Tuesday's big competition on cable was the Golden State Warriors vs. San Antonio Spurs NBA playoff game and NBA draft lottery. Those broadcasts did 5.775 million and 3.224 million viewers respectively and both aired against SmackDown.

SmackDown was down 173,000 viewers from last week (a drop of seven percent), which corresponds with this week's NBA game being up over a million viewers from last week.

The show was 10th for the night on cable in terms of total viewers. In the important 18-49 demo, it was fourth, trailing the NBA game, draft lottery, and SportsCenter, which directly followed the game.
Quote:
WWE announced an advertising partnership with the Rocket League video game. Rocket League will be sponsoring Backlash, Great Balls of Fire, and SummerSlam.
Quote:
At last night's Best of the Super Juniors show, Dragon Lee, Marty Scurll, Ricochet, and Taka Michinoku kicked off the tournament with wins in Block A. The winners from Block B were Ryusuke Taguchi, El Desperado, ACH, and Volador Jr.

There will be a Block A show at Korakuen Hall tonight/tomorrow morning with the NJPW rematch of Will Ospreay vs. Ricochet in the same building where their match in last year's tournament took place. It will air on NJPW World at 5:30 a.m. ET. The tournament matches are:

Ospreay vs. Ricochet
Hiromu Takahashi vs. Jushin Thunder Liger
Scurll vs. Dragon Lee
Taka Michinoku vs. Taichi
Quote:
NJPW announced that they'll be holding a "major press conference" tomorrow about the July shows in Long Beach. It will be streamed on Facebook at 7 p.m. ET. Tomorrow is the day that AXS TV is supposed to announce their broadcast plans for the shows, so the press conference could be related to that.
Quote:
Al Snow attempted to clarify a story about him being arrested for "failure to appear" on Monday night. Snow wrote that he had a ticket from two years ago that he had taken care of, but due to a typo there was a bench warrant issued for him that he was unaware of. Snow said that he paid a $234 fine and was released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
This past Sunday, Adam Cole wrestled what may have been his final Ring of Honor appearance. Following the match, Cole, addressed the crowd in Philadelphia.

@AdamColePro @ringofhonor farewell! #ThankYouAdam #AdamColeBayBay #TooSweet #BulletClub #ROH #ROHWOTW #WatchROH #ROHTV #ROHPhilly (part 1) pic.twitter.com/UdI87gGb1J
— Michael Hottle (@mychael616) May 15, 2017

@AdamColePro @ringofhonor farewell! #ThankYouAdam #AdamColeBayBay #TooSweet #BulletClub #ROH #ROHWOTW #WatchROH #ROHTV #ROHPhilly (part 2) pic.twitter.com/hmJso7PKyj
— Michael Hottle (@mychael616) May 15, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On the tenth episode of Dinner With The King, Jerry “The King” Lawler and Glenn Moore talk about the tweets from Rip Rogers and Randy Orton over the weekend.

Lawler on today’s indie wrestling: "I think that the problem Rip [Rogers] and Randy [Orton] have is what the young guys think they need to do to get noticed. It’s what the young guys do in these matches that bothers guys who have been in the business for a while. The young guys, like they said, they have a tendency to go out there and try to squeeze in every single move that they know. Every dive. Every flip. Every flop. Everything they can put in one 15-minute match. So in order to do that, if you are going to put all those moves in, you’re not going to have time to sell anything. It’s just going to be one move after another until the match is over. That is not the way wrestling became what it is today. Not what I think veterans look at and not what the business is supposed to be. It’s not that really entertaining for fans. I think that’s Rip’s and Randy’s point they are trying to make there.”

The King also gives insight on when he will hang it up and retire from wrestling: "When the non-wrestling appearances become more and more than the wrestling appearances. But I do not have a set end date when it comes to retiring from wrestling.”
Link to the podcast episode and more highlights: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...g-independent/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Judge Vanessa L. Bryant, who is presiding over the lawsuits brought against WWE in the United States District Court of Connecticut, ordered on 5/9 that the attorneys involved meet with their clients to discuss possible settlement offers that they would be happy with. Bryant also ordered that attorneys from each side inform the court within 21 days of dates in June, July and August where all sides will be available to "commit to a full and final settlement of these matters are available to devote an entire day to settlement discussions with Judge Thomas Smith."

Meanwhile, WWE filed paperwork on 5/12 following up on their request for a Summary Judgment that would end the case against them by former WWE star Vito LoGrasso and former developmental star Evan Singleton. The court had previously thrown out all claims against WWE in their lawsuit, with the exception of the allegation that WWE was fraudulent with passing on their knowledge of potential head injuries that could happen from performing as a professional wrestler for the company. The court has allowed that allegation to stand, feeling that it was within the realm of possibility.
More details from PWInsider: http://www.pwinsider.com/article/109...sions.html?p=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Hall of Famer Ricky Morton will be working as a guest trainer next week at the WWE Performance Center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Wrestling Sheet
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Eva Marie will NOT be returning to Total Divas for season seven — and producers have been interviewing her potential replacements.

Multiple sources have confirmed that production is hard at work interviewing the female roster to determine the new cast member before filming begins next month.

We’re told Charlotte and a handful of others are among the women they’ve spoken with.

It’s unclear if Paige will continue to appear on the show, but our sources say original cast members Nikki Bella, Brie Bella, Natalya and Naomi are a lock.

Eva was last seen on the show’s finale dealing with her Wellness violation suspension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
As noted, it was recently revealed that Charly Caruso and former WWE announcer Sean Mooney will be hosting a three-disc "WWE Unreleased: 1986-1995" DVD on September 4th in the UK and September 5th in the United States. WrestlingDVDNetwork.com reports that there are plans to include a rare Owen Hart match from 1986 and a rare Taz match from 1993, which may be a WWE tryout match. Speculation is that the Owen match is against The Brooklyn Brawler from a July 1986 All Star Wrestling taping in Ontario, while the Taz match is against Scott Taylor at a May 1993 Wrestling Challenge taping in Portland, Maine. WDN also released this new synopsis for the set:

WWE unlocks the vault and brings you never-before-seen matches from 1986-1995. Check out these unreleased hidden gems featuring some of the greatest Superstars in WWE history.

— WWE has gone deep into its vault and uncovered exclusive content that you can only find right here on this set,

— Features Superstars such as Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Andre the Giant, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Mr. Perfect and more,

— Never-before-seen matches from the years 1986 through 1995!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WresteInc
WWE has plans to release a "1997: Dawn of the Attitude" DVD this coming October, according to WrestlingDVDNetwork.com. The set will look at the beginning of The Attitude Era with Steve Austin, DX, The Hart Foundation, Kane, the Montreal Screwjob and more.
Quote:
“Bray began with my real-life lunacy,” says Rotunda. “I’ve always been an against-all-authority kind of child. I was a big fan of Rage Against the Machine, they were a big influence on my life as a child, so when I started working with Dusty Rhodes, I began losing my mind on a very real level. I became obsessed with this character.”

When Husky Harris failed on the main roster, he went all in with the Wyatt persona. “I was going to jury duty in my hometown, and Dusty made me go to jury duty as Bray,” Bill Rotunda says. “Dusty told me, ‘This is the perfect exercise. Become Bray.’ I literally went to jury duty as Bray Wyatt. I was so immersed in the character that I didn’t break once. Obviously, I didn’t get picked for jury duty, but I had the white pants, Hawaiian shirt, the whole nine yards. There were no fragments of Husky Harris. Husky Harris was dead, and he was to stay dead. I was Bray Wyatt. We were one.”
Wacky Bray story courtesy of Hasney at NeoGAF's wrestling board and slik from TPWW frontpage.

Some other sheet news includes:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote