View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 10:59 PM   #9470
mitch_h

mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Downsizing - Dog shit movie. Started out good and then became and then went totally off the rails. I usually like movies the subvert expectations, but this totally abandoned the satirical and inventive elements in favour of something maudlin and trash. 4/10

Detour (1945) - Good B-Noir... but it was like 68 minutes long and it felt like something was missing. Actress Ann Savage is cool, felt like a parody of a noir femme fatale.

Safe in Hell - Good pre-code Hollywood movie. Progressive for the early 30s I guess. It was about a prostitute that thinks she kills her rapist pimp and then hides out on an island and there is a corrupt police captain on the island. Anyway the pimp isn't dead but dies on the island and police captain finds out and says she can avoid the death penalty if she becomes his little slut... she chooses the death penalty but in the process reclaims her independence. I liked this movie.

Justice League - I always think I am going to hate these DC movies but they end up being weirdly entertaining. I felt like there was a lot of right decisions being made but everything is so rushed and a lot of the preceding material is flawed that everything feels slightly off, but in a kind of endearing way. The whole movie felt like Superman's CGI upper lip. 6/10
mitch_h is offline   Reply With Quote