View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 06:28 AM   #31
GD

GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
My views on the World Championship have changed so much over the years. I used to be a lot more naive and didn't really engage with the problem properly. And it can really be solved by looking back at the last sentence of this post: the World Championship. You can't have two.

Being the World Champion is the answer to the question "Who is the best in the world?". You cannot have two answers to that question. If you do, then what you really have are contenders. They need to fight to crown a champion. It really is that simple. Brock Lesnar -- god that he is -- cannot be considered a true World Champion until he squashes Jinder Mahal for that belt.

By the end of the World Heavyweight Championship's tenure in WWE, it was being ignored when the title histories of many wrestlers were given on WWE television. How often did the commentators talk about Daniel Bryan's World Heavyweight Championship run? Or CM Punk's three World Heavyweight Championship runs. In fact, the WWE ignored WWE Title reigns each man had -- the first one for Punk and the first two for Bryan.

They will put either belt on anybody and therefore there is no suspense in who gets it. They've watered down their greatest tool for storytelling.
It bothers me when they refer to Randy Orton as a former 13-time WWE Champion. Motherfucker is a 9-time WWE Champion and a 4-time World Heavyweight Champion. Same goes for Dolphin.
GD is offline   Reply With Quote