View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 03:12 AM   #124
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
As Asuka goes: the only potential problem there is the main roster disconnect. On one hand, I ~kinda~ like how they are making Emma a semi-legit threat instead of simply being "all talk" like she has been. I don't like how they're doing it at the expense of Asuka.

What I mean is this: by how things have gone, just from the two matches, they have kinda killed Asuka's mystique by having her *barely* get any offense and clutch wins against the person who has been until right now the butt of the joke in RAW women's division. Even with all the "feared striker in ALL of wrestling, male or female" rhetoric, it seems counter to her getting slapped around and bumping all over the place in her two main stage debut outings. She went from being able to survive two or three competitors in a single match to almost eeking out a couple of wins over the percieved bottom of the main roster totem pole. There's a disconnect. It would be like if back in the day Goldberg came to WWE while "the streak" was still intact, and then on his premere and gets dragged to back to back "competitive" matches with Scotty 2 Hotty.

She's supposed to be this killer that "NOBODY READY FOR", but (and trust me, I hope I am dead wrong) ... but it looks like they are in danger already of dropping the momentum ball like they did with The 4 Horsewomen before her (especially Bayley).

Hopefully, they'll find a couple of female jobbers to feed to her on the main roster to bolster that back up, and not continue on the trajectory of "babyface in peril" for 5 minutes of a 6 minute match. That feeling of her music hitting and shit about to go down that one gets from the likes of Lesnar or Samoa Joe if she isn't able to continue her murdering ways on the big stage for the people who might not be paying $9.99 for NXT and wondering what all the fuss is about.

Again, I know it looks like I'm shitting all over Emma, who I'm not as high on as most around here, looks or otherwise. And yes, I am a big fan of Kana, but my fear is based more on the high likelyhood of this going to shit by the number of times WWE has let others down in exactly the same way. There are a few times where they ultimately don't fuck someone's credibility up, but more often, they see fit to piss away anything intriguing that doesn't fit into their plan- if they had a plan to begin with and then wonder later why they don't have stars or that "nobody is over".
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote