View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 10:45 PM   #582
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
For those who want to read my thoughts of results/impressions on the snippets I've seen. And sure, you can consider that I didn't watch the whole show as a detriment to me even having an opinion, but they've turned this once loyal viewer's interest off, so there's that:

SPOILER: show

* The Bludgeon Brothers beating Gallows & Anderson reminds me how little tag team wrestling matters. I like Anderson and love Harper, but neither team feels like they're "hot." I like that Harper is becoming more "human" in the photos I've seen of him. More glossy. Quite a handsome man underneath all that. But can we please just get back to them having great matches against The Usos without things being rushed or other teams jamming things up?

* Cass was trying against Bryan, but he isn't very good. Bryan was working hard to prove he can have a solid match with anybody. I was expecting Cass to win, if just to prepare myself. I hope Bryan can move onwards and upwards now. Big Cass is one of the few big men that I think should be a babyface. Either that or just a bodyguard. But as a babyface, his weird body, lack of intimidating features and otherwise goofiness isn't so much of a detriment. He's green enough that I can buy heels getting heat on him. He's just big. If he were in a tag team with someone good, he can get the hot tag off them and do a few things and maybe get pretty over that way.

* In regards to Bobby Lashley, Vince needs to understand that Superman isn't the coolest DC character and that being a lame family guy isn't endearing to people who love violence. It didn't occur to me how dumb it was to put Lashley against Sami in Chicago. Lashley already feels disenchanted. I'm not sure if he is, but I'd already be frustrated if I was him. Artistically, anyway. I'm sure he's getting paid nicely, but I'm not sure the guy was hurting for cash in the first place.

* I just don't get it with Elias. I'm sorry, I really don't. His voice doesn't seem heelish or to have the right bass for the character. He sounds like a nice guy for a Drifter. In the ring he's got a long way to go. He looks good and does some things really well, but other things are really lacking. But I think people latch onto him because he's a gimmick in a world of no personality wrestlers and project more charisma onto him than is actually there. I think he's a symptom of the times. Solid match, but Seth could have far better matches with a lot of other people.

* The Women's Ladder Match seemed pretty crazy. They certainly tried. I'm kind of disenchanted with "we all get spots and we are all interchangeable and everyone gets a turn" matches in WWE though. I'd just like to see people get honest pushes. It's hard as an occasional viewer to care about any of this, and it's sad, because they're all trying their little hearts out. I'm still salty that the first-ever women's Ladder Match in WWE was not between two rivals fighting over a belt, and was instead a "everyone gets in" shmozz.

* What I saw of the Reigns/Jinder match actually seemed solid. Up to the point that it doesn't work. Sunil was goofy and it was more of the obtuse "look at how we set things up so we all fall down on cue" style of wrestling that WWE has done for years but is far more jarring when most of the wrestling you watch is from earlier periods. So weird that the top guy in WWE literally doesn't matter and that you could fire him and no one would care. He's so good and they go through all these broad motions of things that should work, but they don't. And they won't. Probably ever until he "turns heel." But even then, I wonder if people just think "No" about anything he's ever going to do in the business.

* Asuka is a very good wrestler. Carmella is not a very good wrestler. This looked better than I thought it would. Seemed like it was pieced together about as well as a match between a very good wrestler and a very bad wrestler can be. It would be better if they put very good wrestlers against very good wrestlers and didn't employ very bad wrestlers. The ending was stupid and felt racist to me. I don't give a fuck about Asuka if she believes her own entrance attire is haunted. Also, Corey Graves letting me know that something is genius is a pretty good wink that it's not.

* I've made me thoughts clear on how much I want to see Styles/Nakamura in full. Other thoughts: Nakamura has really good facial expressions. He's actually a really good "sports entertainer." I can see Vince loving him. I haven't seen all of this feud, but I actually loved the Mania match and this one seems up my alley too. Enough professional wrestling in it for me not to hate it. I'm sure Nakamura is not a belt mark. AJ Styles winning this feud means it can end and that we can have a champion we believe in. Nakamura will still earn the same amount of money and is still a valued employee of WWE.

* Ronda Rousey is a little trooper. She's hot, she's a star and she seems willing to do anything. It doesn't mean she should do everything though. She doesn't need to be working with Nia Jax and Alexa Bliss. Feels like there are two divisions for female wrestlers in WWE -- the women's division and the divas division.

* Lol at Kofi Kingston being in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. By the way, aren't they fucking annoying now? Remember when people loved them because it felt like they got leeway to do whatever they want? Now they make owl noises and love pancakes. I'm sure that's been going on for a while, but it's painful to actually see it. It's another match where guys just get in and do shit and someone randomly wins hooray. It's hard to care. How is this different from other MITB Ladder Matches? How was it different from the one earlier in the night? Why does this gimmick still exist? Why throw 8 people into a Ladder Match for a rigged title shot in 2018? Why not crown a rightful contender and push them? It's just very silly and arbitrary and it's a big part of why they have no full-time stars.

* Turn Roman Reigns heel and have him go against AJ Styles. Let Brock go with the Universal Title. End the brand split. Bryan can wrestle Nakamura and Reigns can win the WWE Title and defend it against Bryan at WrestleMania. Focus in on simple stuff instead of this approach to throwing people out there like Homer Simpson's makeup gun.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote