View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 05:20 PM   #645
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Repetition gets annoying z. Every time the CyNick posts this same argument breaks out. It gets longer and more tedious every single time. It's gettingnold. We've heard it. We get it. I disagree with most stuff CyNick posts myself. But its one thing to tell him he's wrong sometimes and another to suggest everyone just ignore him. If you are predisposed to disliking his comments then just ignore him. Quit hijacking threads to have 2 page debates over him that ruin the original topic. It's been done enough.
I think that the same argument breaks out is kind of Fan's point.

Quote:
And to be honest, while CyNick and his point of view on things may be whack a good chunk of the time, I find that even when he does most bullshit it usually results in other posters putting in more effort to discussions in order to refute him. His bullshit is spurring better conversations from posters around him.
That's an interesting take. I haven't noticed. I usually skip over what he says in the good threads, which implies to me that good conversation was already flowing. I wonder if this is false attribution a little bit? I'm not trying to say that it necessarily is, by the way, I genuinely have not noticed him improving conversations. I'm pretty thorough on this section of the board, but maybe I did miss it.

Quote:
Also, noid, don't know whether you were being sincere or not, but I'm not against Internet bullying. I support that and trolling to the fullest. I just don't like what I perceive as a form of censorship. Telling everyone to ignore someone else because you disagree with them is akin to taking away their voice. If you want to tell him he's a waste of air and that his mother's a whore, go for it. Doesn't bother me.
Oh, you renegade. No, I was being sincere. I think that what you later described is pretty much what is going on. Every time Fan says "RESIST" he's basically saying "this is a waste of time." It's a nicer way of just counteracting the trolling. I don't see any legitimate censorship going on, and Crippy's post pretty much nails it.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote