View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 05:36 PM   #88
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
Name calling, that is what this boils down to from the likes of it. If someone insults you on the street, are you going to obtain their personal info and "doxx" them, or reciprocate in kind and move along? Other than bruising egos, what damage has name calling ever really done? GTFO with that.
Emailing PR firms that use sites where writers smear their own readership is not doxxing. And actual doxxing is not something anybody is fond of on either side (though we have caps of journalists advocating the doxxing of the wider known GG supporters).

Quote:
I am talking financial damage. People that have zero to do with this could be financially impacted thanks to the stupidity of both sides of this nonsensical issue.
Again; this is reasoning I've rarely heard before. When advertisers pulled away from some of Fox News more toxic programs, I don't recall people being sympathetic about Glenn Beck's camera man who has nothing to do with Glenn's comments. When boycotts were called for Chick Fil A over their anti-gay stance, nobody spoke about how employees who are not anti-gay being affected.

Quote:
Devs having to move ENTIRE FAMILY HOUSEHOLDS because of a group of trolls that want to "doxx" people? It is on the same level of "SWATTING" because you kicked some 12 year olds ass at the latest CoD.
Yes, these things are horrible. I take it you're still equating GamerGate with these actions. After all my posts in this thread, I don't know what else to tell you on the matter. We don't condone it, we would love to root out anybody doing it in the movement's name. We never, ever celebrate these things. People on our side have been doxxed, including a journalists who looked into it and made a few articles having a syringe sent to his house. No threats (he's got some) or bad language (he gets harassed on Twitter all the time now) - but a syringe sent to his house. They have his address and are willing to make contact of some sort. This is happening to people on both sides and nobody wants that - except for opportunistic trolls who everybody already hates.

I mean; the swatting bullshit - would you equate that to the CoD community? Or would you conclude that there's just assholes out there?

Quote:
Example of mass boycott related to DLC that has harmed a company/studio? Closest RECENT event I can think of that even comes close was the uproar about the ME3 ending. Video games are another art form and the devs of ME should have said "STFU" and left it at that. They cannot though, because of whiney brats that believe something should be the way they want it without consideration of anyone else. When has a company ever been hurt from such actions?
So us contacting PR firms being effective bothers you? It only matters if it works or not, right?

I guarantee if there were no forward movement on that (as it was initially), it would be laughed off. But since things are happening - legally - contacting companies with concerns is all of sudden a hit below the belt.

Quote:
And no, it should have been considered BEFORE doing something so dumb. A leaderless movement of any sort will net you cannon fodder in any arena. This would be the equivalent, in real life, of country A outright obiterating country B and every single inhabitant because there were a "couple bad guys" that really needed to be destroyed.
You return to this 'collateral damage' argument and I will repeat that you and anybody else on this would never consider this if it was a company you were displeased with. You don't seem worried that gamer community is dealing with collateral damage from the actions of a trollish few. You have argued this whole time for the journalists' sake.

Do you not believe innocent GG people are being threatened and doxxed?
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote