Thread: Fallout 4
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 04:04 PM   #835
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
So, since the "real thing" dropped, I haven't played much of Fallout Shelter in the past few weeks. I fired it up once after launch to know Piper is a potential dweller and that the living quarters decor had shifted from Halloween to a festive Thanksgiving motif. Then, just again today, to not only see Christmas trimmings (in and out, as giant chunks of radioactive snow gently fall outside my vault door), but a few new changes to the gameplay.

First being pets. Yay! We get pets! So naturally, what does my first "free" pet land me? A goddamn cat. :/ I'm not a cat person.

Second, of course, leads to more ways to feel like an asshole: evictions. So there's still this 200 dweller limit, and, I figure, it's better than just stripping down an unneccessary dweller and sending them off to their eventual demise, right? Nope. At least that way, they'll blindly run off to their doom with a big ass smile on their face. An eviction makes that dweller instantly sad, grab a valise, and do a slow, plodding walk of shame to and out the vault door. And you can't change your mind. Once you hit the eject button, they're done. No take backs.

Guy I just kicked out vowed I'd "rue the day" I kicked him out. I'm already ruing, as my brain instantly imagined this guy coming back as a raider, and getting slaughtered, and all the vaultlings that were sharing a living space will have to swiss cheese the guy with all the OP weaponry my first line of defense has going, just because he wants revenge for me expelling him.

The vaults were never designed to help people.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote