View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 03:12 AM   #14
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
Snark aside i agree with this. The only logical way to go next year is reigns v lesnar
I'll respond to you, because you're actually worth conversing with lol. I agree that it is more likely they go with Brock vs. Reigns, and I've learnt that the rumored direction is, more often than not, the route they will take. But I am not certain they go that direction.

* I always thought that Brock vs. Reigns II felt more like SummerSlam before it dropped that they were planning it for Mania.

* A one-year title reign is very long by even WWE masterplan standards in this day and age.

* The Reigns push isn't working. That's not to say that they will abandon it, but the dum-dee-dum rhythm of it could be interrupted by something that makes Vince jump. Not away from Reigns, mind you, but in a different direction.

* I'm not certain Brock will re-sign with WWE. There is no better option and he basically works a few dates here and there for a lot of money, so it'd be logical if he did re-sign, but I can see them moving him out of the tippy-top main event picture by WrestleMania, into one of the special attraction slots.

I haven't been watching RAW weekly, but when I heard about the Fatal 5-Way I was surprised to learn that almost every man and his dog was picking Finn Balor to win the thing. I learnt this was because they had Heyman cut that promo talking about how he would not be afraid of Brock Lesnar for whatever reason. It does sound like Brock vs. Balor was the planned direction, but then something was thrown into the works.

No one is expecting Joe to win at Great Balls of Fire. I'm not so certain. Not just because nothing they could do would shock me these days, but no one is expecting it. All the talk I've heard about the match is "well, we know how this is going to go" and with hope that Joe can make himself appealing in the loss. The way Heyman has set this up is beyond the usual filler program though.

It's possible that Joe wins the title for the Balor match, then drops it back to Brock in order to set up WrestleMania. I'm not going to be shocked if that happens either. I'm not even necessarily against Brock vs. Reigns -- they actually seem to be setting up Brock to be a pretty good babyface for it. I'm just not as certain as others seem to be that it is actually the match they do at Mania.

The WWE have invested a lot of time and money into Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose, so they are not going anywhere. In the WWE's mind they are stars. We just have to accept that pill and swallow it. Could they be wrestling each other for the IC Title at WrestleMania? Maybe two components of a Ladder Match? Sure -- that wouldn't surprise me. Given their salaries and just how important the WWE wishes them to be, I can see them being jammed into a thrown together title match that uses their history in lieu of any sort of proper storytelling. I mean, look at Wyatt vs. Orton from this year's WrestleMania: they're not exactly above just saying "fuck it, this is the title match."
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote