View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 07:54 PM   #64
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
Women aren't shit athletically. Just, if you put the best women against the best men at sports, the best men will win.

The US women's soccer team got beaten by a grade 10 high school men's team for Christ's sake. http://usatodayhss.com/2017/the-fc-d...ional-team-5-2

Now... I like WMMA, and I watch it, and Ronda Rousey proved women can be HUGE draws. But are all the people clamouring for a decreased pay gap going to buy tickets and merch for when these women are given the same drawing opportunities as male athletes. Or, are the people complaining not particularly huge sports fans, and would continue not watching sports once this happens?

Because I would be willing to bet that the bulk of the demo that watches sports doesn't give a fuck about women's sports (Re: Gertner), and no amount of pushing and posturing an agenda is going to change that.

Plus... I love how being good at sports and making lots of money means EQUALITY. It all depends what you value in society. If you value the almighty dollar and being perceived as great at sports, then I guess this some how represents some kind of oppression.
Women's sports are fucking horrendous.
Bad News Gertner is offline   Reply With Quote