View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 06:43 PM   #58
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
If I remember reading, there was a huge complaint recently about WWE paying their female talent well below their actual value. Got alleged by a former WWE and well known celebrity makeup artist who managed to find out some of the pay scales in the WWE.

She did make the mistake of comparing Nikki Bella to Brock in terms of top star power and pay but if you take out both and Cena for comparisons, the highest paid female performer makes very low midcard level of money at best ($200-$300k). Then you have a bunch still on their NXT contracts ($25k range) which gets eaten a lot because of traveling stuff.
I'm not saying that Nikki Bella is anywhere close to as valuable as Brock in terms of star power, ring skill, charisma or even fucking mic skills, but the comparison of the top paid male star and the top paid female star, on the surface, is a fine one. If you're a company telling people that your men are equal to women, then the idea that your two biggest stars are getting paid so extremely far apart (30 times) then it's not fair to say that they are really equal.

Where Destor and I disagreed earlier is over two different things. He's saying that women aren't equally as valuable to the men right now. I agree with that. What I'm saying is that if you present them as valuable and tell them that they are valuable, they are going to want to be treated as valuable at some point.

It's like when Ultimate Warrior asked Vince for the same amount of money as Hogan is making, because he was pushed to that level, on a much more disparate scale. But that's why I think treating the women are a special attraction is actually a better idea than jamming this idea that Asuka and Shinsuke Nakamura won equal matches down people's throats, because talent and the media will eventually get behind that idea, because that's the kayfabe narrative WWE is pushing, and it's bad PR for them to come out and say "Guys, we don't really value Charlotte as much as Randy Orton. Don't be ridiculous."
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote