View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 07:17 PM   #37053
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Lol, props to Cornette for not backing down from Santino. Obviously you miss the start, but you can kind of tell by Santino's body language that he is the one "confronting." He's angled himself to trap Corny against the wall. Santino sounds "calm," but he's clearly the "aggressor" in the situation.

My guess would be that Santino and Cornette were going to be in the same place and Santino thought "Hey, if I see Cornette I'm going to ask him why he keeps ripping me." He probably thought he could reason with him or intimidate him into being all "No, Santino, I love you, you're the best," to have a story or something. Santino probably wasn't going out of his way to be a piece of shit, but I bet that situation didn't go the way he wanted, and there's no way you can look good trying to physically intimidate an old fat white dude with only good leg, lol. But I guess Santino is broken himself. Isn't his neck held on by duct-tape at this point?

When talking about the Cornette situation, Santino always sounds like a fucking idiot. Like, the dude is funny and I enjoyed moments of his career, but you hear Cornette's version of the story -- which is self-deprecating, throws shade at WWE management and makes Santino look like a moron. Then you hear Santino's story, and he's probably not as good at telling stories, but it's literally like "I could have whooped Cornette's ass if I wanted to," which has always been one of Cornette's points. He wasn't slapping Santino because he thought he could beat him in a real fight, lol.

I dunno, when weighing up the Cornette vs. Santino issue, I've always sided with Cornette. I mean, I understand the liberal "Oh, you don't slap an employee!" stance. Yeah, Cornette shouldn't have done it. I don't believe in slapping someone I don't like. But I'm not in wrestling for a reason. In a wrestling context I think it makes complete sense, lol. And the boys clearly still rib Santino about it. Did anyone hear about Santino getting "called" by Jim Cornette and Santino being dumb enough to think that it was real? He responded to this "shoot" Cornette call and Corny was like "Why the fuck would I call you, you dumb worked motherfucker? How the fuck would I even get your phone number?"
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote