View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 09:33 AM   #228
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)

As expected, Universe seems basically untouched. Fatal four ways, triple threats, and stipulation matches being booked for no rhyme or reason. Rivalries still appear to be little more than "a billion singles matches in a row" and while you can attempt to justify it by saying real WWE feuds aren't much better, that doesn't make it any less of a slog to play.

Yes you can simply edit the cards yourself, which is nice. But when you do that it effectively cancels the rivalry. You have to follow the rivalry the way the game sees it or you're not going to get cutscenes. So what's the point? To that end, most of the personal goals are just "win a match against my rival" too. Not very creative there.

The only cool feature I think is the attribute boosts/declines as people move up and down the power rankings. Back in the days when I did CPU sim feds, the real life main eventers were always going to rule the roost because the ratings were set and couldn't change. There was never a chance of Zack Ryder or somebody beating John Cena. Now you could actually push those lower card guys in such a way that they could hold their own against the CPU.

Having said all that, it's year 8 of Universe Mode and yet getting real enjoyment out of it is still going to require overriding pretty much everything the game wants you to do.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote