Thread: Fallout 4
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 04:34 AM   #792
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poit View Post
Why would you dump your flirting stat?
I know it seems counter-intuitive, but I'm not super into shipping... kinda boning Piper for utilitarian XP reasons. And my first go 'round in these things, I always try to make a character similar to myself. I'm not the most charismatic guy, and I have pretty shit luck. However, the tying the settlement progress directly into the charisma stat makes things pretty tricky unless you're specifically playing to be an asshole AND not bother with settlements at all. Essentially, there is too much emphasis on Charisma, almost to where there is no choice on being likeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon View Post
The first is your companion with grenades.
I learned this lesson from 3. Grenades and molotovs and anything similar is just extra swag to sell. And I make sure I check all inventory to see if my companions picked any upon the sly, because no matter what they are equipped with, they jump straight to throwing bombs of death if they got them, and will indiscriminately chuck those fuckers at ANY THING THAT MOVES; you inclued.

On another note about the settlements: I got the "Benevolent Leader" Achievement by what looks like a total accident. It popped while I was in a settlement doing some armor modding, so I went into "build", and the happiness was only at low-to-middling 80's.

So, I decided to check the map to see if I got a reverse of the happiness drain bug (where you being away from any settlement makes some stats register as a zero, such as food, when they are perfectly well in good supply, and it drops the rating until you return). And it "kinda" did... in a manner of speaking.

A settlement formerly consisting of 10 people, 11 with a Provisioner, suddenly only had 1 person, and that person was 100% happy. Either the settlement glitched and deleted people (had that happen in Sanctuary, a couple of my shopkeepers up and vanished, but the kiosk was still "assigned"), got sacked without telling me it was even under attack, or this person killed everyone else themselves.

At any rate, this saves me a bunch of time, caps, and having to funnel any more points into Charisma that I don't want to.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote