View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 08:09 PM   #34386
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I just think it's a dumb spot that falls apart if you think about it. Like, suspension of disbelief aside, I can even explain the psychology of things like the Red Arrow. I just don't get why Okada touches the wrist of his opponent if the beat-down he had put on them previously would cause them to collapse if it were good enough. It just eats itself and it's dumb and annoying, because Okada is so good. But I know a child would watch that and say "that's fake" and tune out, because their fandom hasn't been embedded yet.

I swear wrestling is the only form of storytelling where the performers of it hate that they are doing it and need to point it out to the crowd. It'd be like an actor going "I'm acting everybody! I'm just an actor! I'm playing a character!" We get it. We know. Why are you so insecure that you need us to know that you know? Or is it because fans are so insecure that we need to know that you know that we know? It's just so insecure. And that everyone is so insecure is why we don't have any real stars coming up -- because everybody is so neurotic and secretly hates themselves, and that there is no star is the big problem with wrestling as a whole.

I can't believe people can't see how this is all connected. I want NJPW to succeed so badly, and I'm glad that it endears itself to the the internet fans, because they are going to be crucial to floating it in the US and beyond, but if that shit happens in the main event then I might just have to switch off. That's the one spot I've seen shared from that match, and it just feels bad to me. Why do people like bad stuff? Bad stuff is bad. It's the "Broken" Matt Hardy stuff all over again. Shit things don't become good by winking.

I don't even think this was supposed to be bad. I guess they're trying to sell exhaustion? Okada is so tired that he forgot to hold onto Omega's wrist? Maybe Omega was supposed to break out more strongly and he just sucks at the psychology element of pro-wrestling? I'm sure it doesn't ruin the whole match, don't get me wrong, but it just highlights to me how full of shit anyone who says "Kenny Omega is the best wrestler in the world" is. It's like he starts playing a good song on the piano and then he just starts slamming his hands on the keys to "lol" people.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote