View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 06:27 PM   #349
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
How can anyone be Anti-Braun...Braun is one of the best things in WWE today.
Not anti-Braun, I think he's got a place at a certain level. But reasons I am not sold:

a) Hate his name. "Tough Strongman." Yuck.

b) Don't like his look. Giant Eugene.

c) Don't like him in long matches. Green as goose shit. See his work with Brock as evidence.

d) Only gets over when he is in there with scrubs. Lars Sullivan could be doing what he does better, because Lars looks better and anyone can do it.

e) Absolutely hate the goofy presentation designed to try and appeal to...I've got no clue. Kids? The shaking cameras, the lack of reality, the inconsistencies in story and physics. It's like a 5-year-old is booking their favorite wrestler and everything bends to their will. It's just silly, especially when that wrestler isn't that good.

Basically, I think he is a symptom of how terrible, unimaginative and lazy WWE has gotten. I think that he is one of the most over guys on the roster shows how poorly the WWE build up genuine stars of genuine ability level. I also find the lack of integrity in the presentation insulting. Not on the same level as Jinder Mahal winning the WWE Title, but close. Why did Kurt fire him? Why did Kurt re-hire him? Why does he struggle with Michael Cole but how can lift a semi-trailer? It's just dumb, and it's blurring together with the comedy wrestling you see in PWG, only it's with a big muscle dude instead of with little flippy guys.

I like shit to matter. I want it to be treated with a bit of integrity and for it to make sense within a world. I don't like "nothing makes sense in this world," as a good justification as to why nothing makes sense. I think that's lazy and a cop-out as to why ratings and attendance keep going down, because who could honestly say that this is good television and that they want to subject themselves through a 4-hour show to see Braun go "Roar!" like an internet meme? Peppered through as a special attraction with a focused tone and whatever, fine, but the whole "WWE is ironic, haha," attitude is completely deaf to where they need to be heading. But that's just MY opinion. You keep liking Braun. I'll be interested to see how the WWE tracks over the year. My guess is downwards, but we'll see.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote