View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 06:07 AM   #27
hb2k
Do Unto Others...

hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner View Post
Lol Skaaland so terrible. I think I saw him get involved inky once during a Backlund match against Slaughter I believe.

Plus he gave us his spawn George Skaaland.

I change my vote to Lita lol
Exactly. Lita was iconic with the Hardyz and took Edge from a struggling upper-mid heel to a big time difference maker and genuine top star. Arnold Skaaland never cut a good promo in his life, and truthfully added nothing to Bruno or Backlund.

DiBiase had a bunch of losers, sure, but so did Lou Albano and he made it work because he was ace and had a ton of heat. DiBiase, for a main event heel manager, was pretty cold and just kind of filling a role as opposed to being awesome in it. Did he ever cut a promo as a manager that gave his guy a ton of heat, or made you want to see him lose?

Melina, who was a complete unknown, with what she had (a brand new tag team without any kind of built-in momentum), did far more and was part of a really strong act for a year. Ted's only real claim to fame as a manager was that he happened to be part of the NWO in the early run, but he was a bit player in truth. Was DiBiase any good in WCW as a babyface manager for the Steiner and Ray Traylor? No, he sucked.

As a wrestler, DiBiase as a promo blows her out of the water. As a manager, I honestly think Melina was better in her role that DiBiase was in his.

Last edited by hb2k; 10-17-2017 at 10:17 AM.
hb2k is offline   Reply With Quote