View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 05:06 PM   #37937
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I was just thinking about this miserable brand split the other day, and how they could go about making it more interesting. I really don't know if this is a grand idea or not, but just in terms of matching up guys in terms of size and style, I divided the male rosters into heavyweights and junior heavyweights (230lbs or under). This is how they shook out (I used Wikipedia for billed weights):

Raw:

SPOILER: show

* Apollo Crews
* Baron Corbin
* Big Cass
* Big E
* Big Show
* Bobby Roode
* Bo Dallas
* Braun Strowman
* Bray Wyatt
* Brock Lesnar
* Cesaro
* Erick Rowan
* Fandango
* Goldust
* Jason Jordan
* Jimmy Uso
* Jinder Mahal
* John Cena
* Kane
* Kevin Owens
* Konnor
* Luke Gallows
* Luke Harper
* Matt Hardy
* Mojo Rawley
* Randy Orton
* Rhyno
* Roman Reigns
* Rusev
* Samoa Joe
* Sheamus
* Shelton Benjamin
* Titus O'Neil

SmackDown:

SPOILER: show

* Aiden English
* AJ Styles
* Chad Gable
* Chris Jericho
* Curt Hawkins
* Curtis Axel (I honestly thought he was over 230lbs)
* Dash Wilder
* Dean Ambrose
* Dolph Ziggler
* Elias
* Epico Colon
* Enzo Amore
* Finn Balor
* Heath Slater
* Hideo Itami
* Jeff Hardy
* Jey Uso
* Kalisto
* Karl Anderson
* Kofi Kingston
* Kurt Angle
* Mike Kanellis
* The Miz
* Neville (hopefully)
* Primo Colon
* R-Truth
* Sami Zayn
* Samir Singh
* Seth Rollins
* Scott Dawson
* Sin Cara
* Sunil Singh
* Tye Dillinger
* Tyler Breeze
* Viktor
* Xavier Woods
* Zack Ryder

I honestly think they are pretty interesting rosters. Even if you didn't overtly state that there were weight restrictions on the guys, they seem fairly balanced. Even Raw, with its larger guys, still has guys who can really go -- Cesaro, Samoa Joe, Luke Harper, Kevin Owens, Apollo Crews, John Cena, Randy Orton, Roman Reigns, etc. SmackDown is lighter on the star side, but it does have AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho (when he's there), The Miz, two of the New Day guys and, I suppose, Dolph Ziggler.

If you wanted, instead of splitting teams like Gallows & Anderson, The Usos and The Hardys, you can send the partners over to the other brand. You could call up Drew McIntyre for Raw, Lars Sullivan to begin squashing people, The Undisputed Era might actually be taken as something resembling a threat on SmackDown, etc.

Eh, it's just a thought.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote